NEW: Octane X - is finally here! [MEGA FAQ THREAD]

Forums: NEW: Octane X - is finally here! [MEGA FAQ THREAD]
NUKE Integrated Plugin

Moderator: face_off

Re: NEW: Octane X - is finally here! [MEGA FAQ THREAD]

Postby nibbler » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:12 pm

nibbler Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:12 pm
I just checked it downwards on R20 / Octane 4.05 / CUDA / NVIDIA / OS X 10.12.6 with native Data from R21/OCTANE X R1.1. / METAL / AMD / 10.15.6.

Only a few small scenes, with medium-complex textures, lighting a.s.o.

All worked fine, I observed no dramatic incompatibility issues during a quick 20 min testing.

So first impression: it shall run.

Vice versa: All "upscaled" C4D scenes from R20/4.05 to R21/ X R1.1. had no issues so far.

Did not test downscaled data from R23: Don't know yet if there is an official stable C4D R23 / Octane X support right now (wish it would).

THE ONLY THING: there is no network rendering aviable for heterogenic Octane versions (eg 4.05 render clients with Octane X Master, or Octane R2020.1.x), sadly this is a lack you need to know. Either you have several Octane X renderclients, or you need to render it in standalone.). Hope the soon next aviable Version will overcome this "platform" issue, it was a main invest decision, we did, and now we are "hanging" a bit, waiting for this release.

Just check via Migration options – the guys from Otoy are very customer oriented regarding purchasing update from 4.05 to X.

gambit277 wrote:Is it possible to open C4D Octane X files in C4D with Octane 4.05?
I am currently the first to switch from Cuda to Metal in our company and need to know i will be isolated.

Thanks in advance.
Several MacPros + Win PC • Cinema 4d • Octane Mac & Octane Win
nibbler
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby gambit277 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:57 am

gambit277 Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:57 am
Thank you so much for replying.
Since i have lost the ability to use CUDA (after timemachine reset my mac wont find Cuda devices and the support that once got me through installing all drivers etc. is gone), i have no choice to be the pioneer. I am hoping, that Netrender options are coming fast.

update:
Bizon support came through and hooked me up with a new manual and patch. everything is back to "normal".
So i guess i will wait a bit longer. DM me if someone needs the patch.

nibbler wrote:I just checked it downwards on R20 / Octane 4.05 / CUDA / NVIDIA / OS X 10.12.6 with native Data from R21/OCTANE X R1.1. / METAL / AMD / 10.15.6.

Only a few small scenes, with medium-complex textures, lighting a.s.o.

All worked fine, I observed no dramatic incompatibility issues during a quick 20 min testing.

So first impression: it shall run.

Vice versa: All "upscaled" C4D scenes from R20/4.05 to R21/ X R1.1. had no issues so far.

Did not test downscaled data from R23: Don't know yet if there is an official stable C4D R23 / Octane X support right now (wish it would).

THE ONLY THING: there is no network rendering aviable for heterogenic Octane versions (eg 4.05 render clients with Octane X Master, or Octane R2020.1.x), sadly this is a lack you need to know. Either you have several Octane X renderclients, or you need to render it in standalone.). Hope the soon next aviable Version will overcome this "platform" issue, it was a main invest decision, we did, and now we are "hanging" a bit, waiting for this release.

Just check via Migration options – the guys from Otoy are very customer oriented regarding purchasing update from 4.05 to X.

gambit277 wrote:Is it possible to open C4D Octane X files in C4D with Octane 4.05?
I am currently the first to switch from Cuda to Metal in our company and need to know i will be isolated.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by gambit277 on Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
gambit277
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Designfreek » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:52 am

Designfreek Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:52 am
Octane X PR2 R23

"c4doctane-R23.xlib" cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.

Given 2 options 'Move to Bin' or Cancel. Previously if you cancelled you could open System Preferences/Security & Privacy and select 'Open Anyway' - this does not appear and ultimately you cant open C4D with Octane.

I have managed to get it open by disabling the System Integrity Protection, but this is not a long term option, as needs to be on to prevent Malware.

WHY is this xlib file not recognised when the previous version was?

UPDATE - THIS IS NOW SORTED!! - COMPANY MDM PROFILE HAD PREVENTED 'ALLOW ANYWAY'
Last edited by Designfreek on Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mac Pro (2019) | 3.2 GHz 16-Core | 96 GB RAM | AMD Radeon. Pro Vega II Duo 32 GB
Designfreek
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby jschoenith » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:56 pm

jschoenith Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:56 pm
Is there any update on vertex maps in octaneX for c4d? Not working in PR2 also
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 10.53.51 AM.png
jschoenith
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:11 pm

aoktar Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:11 pm
jschoenith wrote:Is there any update on vertex maps in octaneX for c4d? Not working in PR2 also

It will work when "OSL" support comes
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby jschoenith » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:10 pm

jschoenith Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:10 pm
Thank you. Will OctaneX PR2 work with OSL support when Mac OS 11 is released, or will that require PR3 and Mac OS 11?
jschoenith
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby nibbler » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:43 pm

nibbler Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:43 pm
I managed it by try it again and again – in system preferences/security you need to allow "unsuopported developer software " (oh dear, apple!), there you have to "allow" the exception. After closing cinema and restarting it worked . I tried this two times until another options is added "allow" – additionally to "move to bin" or "cancel". after that it works – at least it did with mine.

Designfreek wrote:Octane X PR2 R23

"c4doctane-R23.xlib" cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.

Given 2 options 'Move to Bin' or Cancel. Previously if you cancelled you could open System Preferences/Security & Privacy and select 'Open Anyway' - this does not appear and ultimately you cant open C4D with Octane.

I have managed to get it open by disabling the System Integrity Protection, but this is not a long term option, as needs to be on to prevent Malware.

WHY is this xlib file not recognised when the previous version was?
Several MacPros + Win PC • Cinema 4d • Octane Mac & Octane Win
nibbler
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bradiohead » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:36 pm

bradiohead Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:36 pm
Is anyone else getting the following error?
'Activation error: This build is not supported anymore. Please update to a newer version.'

I was using it fine as of yesterday. I have a deadline coming, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
bradiohead

Postby bepeg4d » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:56 am

bepeg4d Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:56 am
Hi bradiohead,

please note that beta/test versions are limited in time, in general a couple of months, to be sure that users are not using a too old test version, and report bugs that have been already fixed.

PR1 is obsolete now, and you need to update both Standalone and plugin to PR2 by visiting your personal Downloads area:
https://render.otoy.com/account/download_archive.php

You need to select your purchased version from the Select Software pop up:

ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby design monkey » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:13 pm

design monkey Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:13 pm
Hi Beppe,

Could you explain the versions or roadmap of Octane X releases? I'm unfamiliar with what PR versions are. I've read that you say the PR versions are beta versions, but at what point do they become final public releases? Will there be a PR5 or 6 or 7 before Octane X is final and ready for professional use?

At what stage will it be ready to use in all of the various plugins (I'm looking for C4D R20)?

Thanks
design monkey

PreviousNext

Return to NUKE