how should we think about using this?

Forums: how should we think about using this?
NUKE Integrated Plugin

Moderator: face_off

how should we think about using this?

Postby carmandale » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:23 pm

carmandale Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:23 pm
I'm not sure how to think about using this plugin.

Will you expose nodes to Nuke? One of the ways that I was thinking about using it was to be able to feed a texture node with a comp that I am building and to be able to adjust in "realtime" octane speed and see how the comp/adjustments update on the textured object. But it seems that with the Octane scene, you can't feed a node with your texture.

I could be missing something.

thanks for any input.

Dale
carmandale
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: how should we think about using this?

Postby face_off » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:16 am

face_off Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:16 am
I am so sorry - I completely missed this post!

Will you expose nodes to Nuke? One of the ways that I was thinking about using it was to be able to feed a texture node with a comp that I am building and to be able to adjust in "realtime" octane speed and see how the comp/adjustments update on the textured object. But it seems that with the Octane scene, you can't feed a node with your texture.
At this stage, my feeling is that having the Octane nodes in the Nuke graph would be very difficult for users to work with. The current system of clicking Edit Octane Scene to edit the Octane nodes if going to be vastly superior to what could be done by having the nodes in Nuke.

Your specific requirement of having a texturemap from Nuke feeding an Octane node.....you really should do this in the Octane Image node directly. Octane 3 will support animated image maps. Plugging a Nuke Read node into an Octane Image might be doable in the future. Also, the next release of the plugin adds a new node called OctaneMaterial - which is an Octane Standalone graph representing an Octane node which can be plugged into Nude 3d geo.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to NUKE