[TUTORIAL] Octane Color to Ornatrix Fur

Forums: [TUTORIAL] Octane Color to Ornatrix Fur
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

[TUTORIAL] Octane Color to Ornatrix Fur

Postby andrey.krivulya » Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:54 am

andrey.krivulya Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:54 am

Hey, everyone! Happy New Year! First tutorial in 2023 =) Happy Viewing!

Are you looking for a way to make fur or hair come alive with color? Then look no further! This video will guide you step-by-step on how to apply color to your fur or hair with Octane and Ornatrix for 3ds Max. I'll provide you with an in-depth look at color painting directly on hair and show you the best way to use Octane and Ornatrix 3ds Max together to achieve stunning results - all in a simple, easy-to-follow format. By the end of the video, you'll have the knowledge and confidence to make your fur or hair look beautiful in renders!

In this video, I'll explain two methods to achieve amazing results in transferring color to fur. I will demonstrate the method you already know from previous videos, and then I'll also show you an advanced technique with a special brush in Ornatrix to paint fur exactly where you want it. After that, I'll give a detailed tutorial on how to render it correctly in Octane with a special node.

I also demonstrate how you can troubleshoot and avoid any bugs that I've described here:

Hair Tessellation - viewtopic.php?f=111&t=77070
[Ornatrix] Display color issue with Octane Hair material - viewtopic.php?f=27&t=80945
[Ornatrix] EG Selection issue with Octane material - viewtopic.php?f=27&t=80910
Autodesk Forum - https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max- ... p/11626915

And of course, I'll compare the rendering speed of such a fur in two different views, giving you all the information that you need to make an informed decision.

___
TIMING:

0:00 - Greetings
0:05 - What are we going to talk about in this video?
0:26 - You can become a channel sponsor and get a 95% discount on all my Assets
0:35 - Instructions for those who are new to this channel and want to support me.
0:47 - Don't forget to like and subscribe to the channel.
0:54 - For Octane Renderer I also use the same scene as in the previous tutorials.
1:09 - The first method of transferring color to wool is with a texture.
1:12 - Creating the Octane Hair Material
1:19 - Create an RGB Image node to load the texture
1:32 - Connecting it to the Diffuse and Albedo slots
1:41 - Adjust Longitudinal and Azimuthal Roughness for proper gloss.
2:05 - Turn on 100% hair rendering in viewport, and the Movable Proxy setting if it's not on.
2:27 - Go to render settings and select "All Objects" for the "Notify objects on render" option in the "Kernel" tab.
2:51 - Load texture with color - in RGB Image node.
3:19 - Since Octane Renderer hasn't added an option for smoothing hairs yet - add the Strand Detail modifier to solve this issue.
4:52 - Create another Ornatrix object - to use the second method. I decided to create a new object, because it's easier to show the work of this method on it.
5:37 - Talking about a bug in Octane that causes the selection and color not to be displayed - after painting.
5:45 - Choosing temporarily Arnold Renderer to solve the issue (though later I will show how to avoid this step on the advice of the developers from OTOY)
6:06 - Showing the solution from the developers.
8:31 - Saying that I got the developer's advice a little later, so the rest of the video will be shown with my solution, but you can safely use the solution from OTOY. Since there is nothing on the screen at the time of my story - decided to show you my favorite Forza Horizon 5.
8:58 - Figuring out how to start hand painting the hair.
9:13 - Choosing a Paint Brush
9:25 - Activating Multi-Channel(RGB)
9:32 - Add the three Color Channels - Color_R,G,B
10:26 - Drawing on the hair in the right place
13:25 - I tell you how to render the resulting color.
14:07 - Setting up the renderer for the test and running the tests.

___
Enjoy watching!
Sincerely, Andrew Krivulya Charly.
win 10 /64x Intel Core i9-11980HK - 64Gb RAM - 3080 Laptop - 16Gb VRAM - AERO 15 OLED YD

My youtube channel with 3d tutorials ----- >>>> https://www.youtube.com/c/AndrewKrivulya
andrey.krivulya
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to General Discussion