Howto reduce rendering time and benefit from RTX

Forums: Howto reduce rendering time and benefit from RTX
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Howto reduce rendering time and benefit from RTX

Postby Grumly » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:09 am

Grumly Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:09 am
Hello

I'm a photographer and use Octane to make plates for my studio shooting... in fact ... I'm trying. ;)

My workflow : I buy 3D assets in DAZ studio or some Kitbash3D, redo all materials and render in Octane.

Most of the time my lights are material with emissive applied to a part of an objet (light bulb, signs, neon)...
...and with this workflow my rendering time is VERY bad :
I have a lot of noise and hs to wait for soooooooooo much time.

In comparison, I bought a lot of tutorials and the scenes are rendered much much quicker... and I think it's mainly because of my way to manage light instead of having source light with very simple shape.

I try every new Octane version... and I had a lot of expectation with RTX card (I have a RTX2080ti and 3 older NVIDIA cards)... but my boost is always around x1... yes, no boost at all.

Can somebody confirm, what I suspect? To have a very good render time you have to make very simple light source?

Here is a scene I have rendered. So a nice HDRi and a lot of small light source... I had to put a lot of fake smoke to mask all the noise I can't get ride of even with a VERY long render time.

P.S. I'm a noob in 3D... so my example reflect that... sorry.

regards
Nicolas
Attachments
69696075_2725628860794338_5472823563956256768_o-2.jpg
Windows 10 Pro
Ryzen 3900x / 32Go Ram
1 x GForce RTX 2080Ti Founder Edition
1 x GForce 1080 Founder Edition
Grumly
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to General Discussion