PBR texture baking ?

Forums: PBR texture baking ?
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

PBR texture baking ?

Postby zabadoy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:57 pm

zabadoy Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:57 pm
Hello All,

I've got a C4D / Octane scene that I would like to export to Unity.
I tried to bake the textures following the guidelines from the manual : Creating a Baking camera, assigning Octane object tags with baking ID's to UV'ed meshes.
It works as expected from manual, but the result is that I have a single "final" image with all the lights and shadows from the scene affecting it.

But my goal is to export the meshes to the game engine, and retexture with new materials and lights inside it, so I was thinking about baking my octane materials channels maps for a PBR workflow inside the game engine.
For example for a wood material, where I have a bunch of nodes in each channels, I wanted to bake images corresponding to each channel : Diffuse Map, Roughness Map, Reflection Map, Displacement map, etc... So I could recreate shaders inside the game engine, assigning my own "made maps" to each channel, a bit like if I downloaded a whole material from poliigon.com with PBR image maps for each channel.

Is that possible ? I suppose I have to make render passes and render to picture viewer but I don't really know what passes to choose as they are so many, and I don't want lighting influence from the scene.
Pardon the noob question, it's the first time I do texture baking and I don't have much experiences with passes, so any guidelines would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance !
Attachments
baking.jpg
zabadoy
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: PBR texture baking ?

Postby bepeg4d » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:25 am

bepeg4d Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:25 am
Hi,
you need to use the Material passes:
5B7E6308-11E0-4E16-BA56-6E3B55E15E06.jpeg

ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Re: PBR texture baking ?

Postby zabadoy » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:44 pm

zabadoy Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:44 pm
Hi Beppe,

I didn't know about material passes, thanks a lot !
zabadoy
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to General Discussion