Denoised Light Passes

Forums: Denoised Light Passes
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Denoised Light Passes

Postby Ilius » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:40 am

Ilius Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:40 am
I didn't find anything related to that topic, i hope i didn't oversee something.

So our office has now fully embraced the denoiser. We generally dont give out any renders to our clients which arent denoised anymore.

We've also tried the linear workflow and quite like that so far.
The big disadvantage of it, in our eyes, is that we have to work with the light passes in Photoshop, if we want to control the lighting the way it is intented for linear workflow.
But those arent denoised.
We would really love to work with those, it gives us nice control afterwards and new abilities.

Are there any plans for the future for denoising passes? (more than there already are i mean of course)

Combining denoising with passes would be some kind of ultimate render, because both the linear workflow and the denoiser workflow save a lot of render time.
Ilius
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Denoised Light Passes

Postby addol95 » Wed May 20, 2020 8:25 am

addol95 Wed May 20, 2020 8:25 am
Bumping this.

For many jobs, not being able to use the denoiser on light passes is an absolute dealbreaker.
Even for renders which aren't very noisy in the beauty, the sunlight pass especially comes out very noisy and needs cleanup.
It's completely unusable in comp because of this.
addol95
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to General Discussion