Authentication for EVERY god damn session, internet is down

Forums: Authentication for EVERY god damn session, internet is down
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Re: Authentication for EVERY god damn session, internet is down

Postby itsallgoode9 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:35 pm

itsallgoode9 Wed May 20, 2020 2:35 pm
VVG wrote:
Goldorak wrote:
crackfox wrote:i just had an extremely bad day due to octane not being able to connect.
license in use error.
i have the enterprise license but am totally confused about the licensing.

i´m pretty worried about the possibilities of octane not being able to start due to internet being down.
its a scenario i cannnot allow to happen.

first time i have read about the offline mode. anyone care to tell me how do i work offline with the license i have?

But a usb dongle and the usb becomes license sever, so no internet connection is needed.

Where can I get information on using the USB Dongle?

I did not find instructions for installing special software.

I asked support several times why switching to a USB dongle license deprives me of the benefits of Ent lic (network rendering, access to LiveDB)?

I have an octane usb dongle, but activating it is a dumb idea with existing limitations. :!:

Because I can’t return the 'online' license back.

Make at least the ability to untie to associate a license an offline license through a USB dongle endless

Yep, it is such a joke that they keep parroting that the dongle--which permanently invalidates features some need---is the solution to making sure that you can continue to render in an area with periodic internet outages.

What a fucking joke.
Intel i7-3930K, 64gb RAM, Asus X79 Deluxe mobo, 2x EVGA 780 6gb (for rendering), 1x PNY quaddro k4000 (for display)
Windows 8.1 x64, Maya 2014, Octane Render v2
itsallgoode9
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Wed May 20, 2020 3:10 pm

Goldorak Wed May 20, 2020 3:10 pm
Network rendering should work in offline mode or with the USB key. Let me look into this further. Thank you for the feedback.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby VVG » Wed May 20, 2020 4:18 pm

VVG Wed May 20, 2020 4:18 pm
Goldorak wrote:Network rendering should work in offline mode or with the USB key. Let me look into this further. Thank you for the feedback.

oh, sorry my mistake

Network render not specified in USB dongle restrictions.

There was a question with converting the license back if there is no way to make access to LiveDB / ORC :!:

thanks
Win 10x64, AMD 1950x 16C/32T, RAM 32Gb, RTX 3060x3
Octane-for-C4D(R23.110)2021.x.x, Cycles4D, Centileo. Nvidia 472.47 STUDIO
VVG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Wed May 20, 2020 8:25 pm

Goldorak Wed May 20, 2020 8:25 pm
VVG wrote:
Goldorak wrote:Network rendering should work in offline mode or with the USB key. Let me look into this further. Thank you for the feedback.

oh, sorry my mistake

There was a question with converting the license back if there is no way to make access to LiveDB / ORC :!:

thanks

ORC is bring phased out by RNDR now that it’s live, which we will make sure works with USB licensing. With ORC you don’t need to send from the app, you can drop in an orbx. Even so, let me check whether there is a way to get liveDB sorted out when you are online.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby VVG » Thu May 21, 2020 6:18 pm

VVG Thu May 21, 2020 6:18 pm
Goldorak wrote:
VVG wrote:

oh, sorry my mistake

thanks

ORC is bring phased out by RNDR now that it’s live, which we will make sure works with USB licensing. With ORC you don’t need to send from the app, you can drop in an orbx. Even so, let me check whether there is a way to get liveDB sorted out when you are online.

ok, im waiting.

and give me info about usb software install

thanks
Win 10x64, AMD 1950x 16C/32T, RAM 32Gb, RTX 3060x3
Octane-for-C4D(R23.110)2021.x.x, Cycles4D, Centileo. Nvidia 472.47 STUDIO
VVG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to General Discussion