Otoy, please pressure Nvidia. X99 mobo BSOD PLX chip bug.

Forums: Otoy, please pressure Nvidia. X99 mobo BSOD PLX chip bug.
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Re: Otoy, please pressure Nvidia. X99 mobo BSOD PLX chip bug.

Postby LovelyCupOfTea » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:55 pm

LovelyCupOfTea Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:55 pm
Hello

Did this Nvidia PLX issue ever get fixed? I can see that its no longer in the known windows 10 issues in the latest Nvidia driver releases.

Ive got a Gigabyte Intel Xeon WS MW51-HP0 board and just loaded it up with 7 x GPU (2070) on 16x shielded risers and basically I am getting blue screens with the watchdog error and also none detection of one of the cards.

Any updates with the above would be great as considering getting the WS X99 with an old 2011-3 Xeon to see if the results are any different.

I also got quite odd results from my render times and the octane bench would not run.

Tried the MSI thing, not done a full render test since then but had system instability and cannot get one of the cards to be recognised.

any updates would be great,

Thanks
LovelyCupOfTea
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Otoy, please pressure Nvidia. X99 mobo BSOD PLX chip bug.

Postby glimpse » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:04 pm

glimpse Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:04 pm
NVIDIA pointed that they solved this, but some users still have some issues. MSI fix (pointed several times) and other bits like latest drivers seems to help with stability.

Personally I grabbed Z390WS pro with PLX chip under the hood and it's rock solid stable running OctaneRender every day and haven't good a single BSOD for months (since I got it).

Maybe it was not only about PLX but a combination of that + smth. Some other report pretty solid working boards on X299 that have PLX as well.
glimpse
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to General Discussion