Shutter Drag Equivalent? Just environment power?

Forums: Shutter Drag Equivalent? Just environment power?
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Shutter Drag Equivalent? Just environment power?

Postby LFedit » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:38 pm

LFedit Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:38 pm
I am doing an interior shot, if I were shooting with a real camera and wanted the environment lighting, I would turn off the house lights and just shoot the outside light. Now if I want more light I would just drag my shutter to let in more light. Basically speaking... My question in rendering terms, is this the equivalent of just increasing the environment power to get them same results in octane? Or is there some more technical/ maybe less technical way of approaching this result I am after?

Just a thought.

Thanks!
Win 7 64bit/ Nvidia Maximus k5000 and k20
LFedit
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Shutter Drag Equivalent? Just environment power?

Postby bepeg4d » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:51 am

bepeg4d Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:51 am
Hi,
you can increase the Exposure in the Camera Imager node. My suggestion is to place an invisible plane emitter very near, and larger like the glass openings, to simulate the extra light coming from the sky.
ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Re: Shutter Drag Equivalent? Just environment power?

Postby LFedit » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:20 pm

LFedit Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:20 pm
I figured that. Would have to do it initially correct? I don't want the light to change at all! Just have more light coming in. Basically have to just let it cook longer, obviously because less rays are in the scene the noise will take a lot longer to clean up.... Ha some day rendering will be as quick as a real shutter...

Thanks
Win 7 64bit/ Nvidia Maximus k5000 and k20
LFedit
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to General Discussion