Grainy scene long render time C4D Octane

Forums: Grainy scene long render time C4D Octane
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Grainy scene long render time C4D Octane

Postby JedBowden » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:28 am

JedBowden Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:28 am
HEY GUYS!!!! ,

Please help me I am really stuck on trying to render this scene I only need to render 5 seconds worth it's part of my project for a student reel so I can hopefully land a motion graphic position in my city. at the moment the scene is taking 25 minutes per frame with 2 x GTX TITAN X 12gb going at high priority which I just don't understand? I am doing DOF in post production but for some reason even at 2000 samples some of the shadow specular channels look abit grainy/noisy even without any extra bump/normal maps included. I have adaptive sampling on and max samples set to 12k but my threshold is pretty high so those 12k samples are really just focusing on the shadow areas but even when I had min samples on the adaptive sampling setting set to 1k it was still grainy even in some lit up areas. I have tried on a render farm it is taking around 4 minutes a frame but I was hoping more for the 2 minute or under mark so it is a little bit more feasible. I have played around with render settings and even tried rendering on clay mode but nothing is making the render go faster. I even tried getting rid of the Area light in the scene but that hardly made any difference at all even turned the samples down to almost nothing...
please anyone who has some spare time download and have a look at my scene and tell me where I have fucked up.

( also I will admit to torrenting some plugins as I am a student and not able to afford but it is strictly no commercial use only for education purpose but I have made sure to atleast purchase the octane render )

Thanks for the help :D

https://drive.google.com/open?id=10ww44fqC0ZwoRepjgS8ka_caWE2upDXf
JedBowden
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to General Discussion