Problems rendering a scene, help!

Forums: Problems rendering a scene, help!
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Problems rendering a scene, help!

Postby utiq » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:36 pm

utiq Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:36 pm
Hi, I'm really new with rendering. I bought Octane because I saw a few videos on YouTube and it looked very easy, but still cannot get the result I want. I would like to get as a result something nice and clean like this or this. However, I'm frustrated with how I should apply the lighting and Octane variables to my scene.

As a result I get something very bad, dark and greenish? Also, the octane renders are granny? This is my render.

I'm attaching my scene ( I'm trying to render camera1)
I'd appreciate any help
Attachments
main-01.c4d.zip
(8.34 MiB) Downloaded 106 times
utiq
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Problems rendering a scene, help!

Postby aoktar » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:52 pm

aoktar Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:52 pm
Why are you frustated? You need to pay attention to logics of illumination and materials.
First you should use Pathtracing for interiors. Try to play and understand the effects of some parts in renderer. It's like real-world photography. And it's a pure pathtracer, so you have noises. You can get help to rid away that by kernel parameters(lower diffuse depth, bigger caustic blur, adaptive sampling, etc..), arealight settings and positionings.
Check inlifethrill's kernel and optimisation videos.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: Problems rendering a scene, help!

Postby utiq » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:06 am

utiq Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:06 am
Thanks for the clue aoktar.

Actually, I just found this tutorial which is exactly what I wanted to find. Even this guy with experience had problems trying to find out how the glasses and illumination could work.
I'll leave it here in case anyone else has the same problem. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEMOlX57wUg
utiq
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to General Discussion