per object reload options?

Forums: per object reload options?
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

per object reload options?

Postby wellsichris » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:39 pm

wellsichris Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:39 pm
forgive if this has been asked before but I can't find anything on it.

so currently we have the options of how to reload a scene, deformations, materials, volumes, etc.. However, it would be super useful to have per object reload options. For example, I have a scene, with a big VDB for detailed, fog/cloud, and then I want to have little smoke volumes coming up from buildings.. Currently I would have to reload all the volumes, when in reality I only need to reload the small volumes..

I see just having a per object override. so you set you scene like normal, but then on the couple of objects that it would optimize things to be different you can change. I could even see the case, where you set full scene reload, and then tag an object to not reload..

Thanks
Chris
wellsichris
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: per object reload options?

Postby bepeg4d » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:36 am

bepeg4d Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:36 am
Hi Chris,
are you using Standalone or plugin?
In c4doctane, for example, you can change the Geometry Engine, and Geometry Control, to correctly set the loading of objects during animation rendering:
Animation Rendering
In Manual mode, and with proper Octane Object tag assigned to the animated objects, you can define what is static, and does not need to be reloaded, and what is not.
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby Lewis » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:56 am

Lewis Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:56 am
wellsichris wrote:forgive if this has been asked before but I can't find anything on it.

so currently we have the options of how to reload a scene, deformations, materials, volumes, etc.. However, it would be super useful to have per object reload options. For example, I have a scene, with a big VDB for detailed, fog/cloud, and then I want to have little smoke volumes coming up from buildings.. Currently I would have to reload all the volumes, when in reality I only need to reload the small volumes..

I see just having a per object override. so you set you scene like normal, but then on the couple of objects that it would optimize things to be different you can change. I could even see the case, where you set full scene reload, and then tag an object to not reload..

Thanks
Chris

Hi Chris,
I assume you use LW ? If yes then there is option to do that, in object properties (i'm using it for current project right now ;)), You add "LWOctane Object Properties Options" unde Add Custom object TAB to desired layer/object and then in render target you enable "only materials in enabled obj."
Attachments
update_properites_2.png
update_properites_2.png (7.63 KiB) Viewed 1652 times
update_properites.png
--
Lewis
http://www.ram-studio.hr
Skype - lewis3d
ICQ - 7128177

WS AMD TRPro 3955WX, 256GB RAM, Win10, 2 * RTX 4090, 1 * RTX 3090
RS1 i7 9800X, 64GB RAM, Win10, 3 * RTX 3090
RS2 i7 6850K, 64GB RAM, Win10, 2 * RTX 4090
Lewis
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby wellsichris » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:59 pm

wellsichris Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:59 pm
thanks for the responses, This is actually in Houdini, which apparently doesn't have that feature yet :(

But the good news is, if it's available than hopefully soon,
wellsichris
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to General Discussion