Octane for unreal engine discarded ?

Forums: Octane for unreal engine discarded ?
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Re: Octane for unreal engine discarded ?

Postby Goldorak » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:11 pm

Goldorak Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:11 pm
adamnerva wrote:I'm torn on this. The Unity plugin still has a really long way to go, and now Unreal has Vray already... but Vray for Unreal is actually worse than Octane for Unity, and is quite expensive. The advantage that Vray has is that it is actually properly integrated into the lightmap system, whereas Octane for Unity is not at all. But Vray for Unreal doesn't even render deforming meshes.

So because Octane for Unity is free, I have to declare Otoy the winner for now.

But I am still completely baffled by choices Otoy have made with the Unity integration. The way they handled materials and baking is just horrible.

There are things we are waiting on (including HDSRP -and our own Universal Material in V4) that need to converge before we can make those two specific pieces work (and be stable).
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: Octane for unreal engine discarded ?

Postby Supernaut_13 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:39 pm

Supernaut_13 Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:39 pm
Hi Goldorak, when does Otoy expect to release this plugin to All-Access subscribers? First quarter 2019 still? Thank you.
Ryzen 7 2700X | Asus Prime B450-CSM | 32 GB DDR4 | GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid |
EVGA G2 1000W | Windows 10 Home
Supernaut_13
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to General Discussion