Visual Effect Rendering Requirements

Forums: Visual Effect Rendering Requirements
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Visual Effect Rendering Requirements

Postby 924254194 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:40 pm

924254194 Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:40 pm
I have some ideas for OctaneRender,it could make this render engine more popular in Visual Effect rendering,especially in Houdini .
1.The volumetric rendering it actually pretty good in Octane3.x , but since 3.x support OpenVDB by now , it appeared to lack of the volumetric rendering control. for example the volume emission light controls should have more options to control sort of lighting attenuation range,it actually really important when rendering fireball and explosion.
2. Now the only volumetric data control in Octane is the Volume Ramp node. For more artificial volume rendering ,the more data control is require; for example using Volume Sample to get vector field data and apply in smoke color and may even be the fluid position use to displace the volume to get extremely high details volume shape.
3.More point ,primitive attributes support in octane shading , especially rendering Fluid Surface, it will give a lot way to shading water and ocean, and output different kinds of attributes in render pass.
I think these requirements maybe the most FX Artist really want it. :)
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to General Discussion