Raytraced Rounded Corners? Cycles Bevel Shader

Forums: Raytraced Rounded Corners? Cycles Bevel Shader
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Re: Raytraced Rounded Corners? Cycles Bevel Shader

Postby bartosh44 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:19 pm

bartosh44 Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:19 pm
https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/20997/shader-rounded-edge-between-the-two-intersecting-faces
Is it possible to integrate that OSL rounding edge code (from Blender) with newest 3.08 Octane OSL feature?
Maybe someone could rewrite this Blender OSL code to Octane and expose it on f.e. Gumroad ($)?
I don`t know is current Octane OSL feature ready for making that round shader by third party coder?
bartosh44
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Raytraced Rounded Corners? Cycles Bevel Shader

Postby sethRichardson » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:59 am

sethRichardson Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:59 am
Octane costs more but they wont pony up the money and just license the tech. Instead they spend years trying to figure out a solution at the expense of customer productivity and the use of octane in the Product viz world. This is why so many are jumping on Redshift. Octane is amazing but their company just isn't up to snuff with todays standards and what other company's are putting out there. I can't think of a single 3rd party engine that is relevant that would leave a feature like this (basic one btw) broken for years...... Even F-Sto....... has working rounded edges >.>

Kind of tired of hearing oh it will be in 3.1. I kind of doubt it at this point.
sethRichardson
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to General Discussion