Camera mapping at stand alone version ?

Forums: Camera mapping at stand alone version ?
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Camera mapping at stand alone version ?

Postby peyda » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:34 am

peyda Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:34 am
Hi, I want to learn how make camera mapping at stand alone version. Please help me how can do this. I could't find any information on internet. ıf it's possible show me processes with pictures. Thank you all
:roll:
peyda
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Camera mapping at stand alone version ?

Postby fantome » Tue May 21, 2019 9:36 pm

fantome Tue May 21, 2019 9:36 pm
I would have the exact same question.

Is it possible to do a camera mapping with octane standalone ?
at the moment i can't find a way to connect the perspective projection to the camera transform info.

in C4D the perspective projection contain a slot to plug the camera use for projection.

I can't replicate that for the moment.
Thanks for your Lights !
Cheers
E
fantome
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby fantome » Tue May 21, 2019 9:59 pm

fantome Tue May 21, 2019 9:59 pm
It looks that it 's not possible to connect a cam to the perspective projection with octane standalone.

It's only possible with a LUA script that query the xform + focal info of the viewing cam and copy them in the transform value of the perspective projection.
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=38160&hilit=camera+projection
fantome
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby calus » Tue May 21, 2019 10:50 pm

calus Tue May 21, 2019 10:50 pm
if you need camera mapping from the current camera you can use this simple OSL projection :
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=65575
Pascal ANDRE
calus
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby fantome » Wed May 22, 2019 6:48 am

fantome Wed May 22, 2019 6:48 am
Hi Calus ,

Many thanks for your OSL voodoo, it looks really great, and i find this far better to have OSL node in the graph instead of executing a script.

I would have one question concerning your camMap_geo script.
At the moment it looks that the script use the info store in the camera connected to the render target ?
So if i am correct this mean that if the camera is animated the projection will also move and follow the camera ?

I would need to be able to select a projection frame and then having the projection to not move with the camera but to stick at the chosen frame.

I think that it would be far better if the osl node could contain directly an input slot where we would be able to directly plug a camera .abc
In fact when doing camera mapping you often use multiple camera projection that you blend with an alpha mix to fill all the area of distorsion.

How would you proceed to achieve the following scenario in octane standalone ?
- i have Camera_Shot which is the animated camera of the shot that i want to plug in the rendertarget
- i have Camera_Proj_A which is a static camera that i want to use as a projector for a certain area of my camap
- i have Camera_Proj_B which is a static camera that i want to use as a projector for an other area of my camap
- i have Camera_Mixer which is a static camera that i want to use as a projector to project the alpha texture that i will use to blend the two projection in a mix_texture node

How would you achieve such scenario ?

The most logical imo would be to have
- natively an input slot in the perspective projection node to plug directly an abc / thin lens / obj cam
- OR in your OSL CamMap_Geo an input slot where you can plug directly an abc / thin lens / obj cam

Thus you are not restricted to one camera , but you can use as much projection as you want to fill all the area, this would be extremely useful for enviroment works and Matte painting.

Thansk again for your lights !
Cheers
E
fantome
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby calus » Wed May 22, 2019 6:51 pm

calus Wed May 22, 2019 6:51 pm
fantome wrote:At the moment it looks that the script use the info store in the camera connected to the render target ?
So if i am correct this mean that if the camera is animated the projection will also move and follow the camera ?

Correct, Indeed we can get infos about only the current rendering camera in Octane OSL shaders.
These OSL shaders are usefull when you need to integrate 3D with a live shot for example.

fantome wrote:How would you proceed to achieve the following scenario in octane standalone ?
- i have Camera_Shot which is the animated camera of the shot that i want to plug in the rendertarget
- i have Camera_Proj_A which is a static camera that i want to use as a projector for a certain area of my camap
- i have Camera_Proj_B which is a static camera that i want to use as a projector for an other area of my camap
- i have Camera_Mixer which is a static camera that i want to use as a projector to project the alpha texture that i will use to blend the two projection in a mix_texture node

How would you achieve such scenario ?

The LUA script is perfect for your case I think because camera matrix is copied only once at the frame you are and doesn't update later.
Pascal ANDRE
calus
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby fantome » Wed May 22, 2019 9:31 pm

fantome Wed May 22, 2019 9:31 pm
Thanks for your answer Calus !

That would be nice if otoy dev add directly a camera input in the perspective projection, like in cinema 4D.

Cheers
E
fantome
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to General Discussion