Octane Environment Atmosphere?

Forums: Octane Environment Atmosphere?
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Octane Environment Atmosphere?

Postby Visualize » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:23 am

Visualize Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:23 am
How do I create proper atmosphere in Octane for a landscape? Octane seems to create a blanket over the entire scene...I also want the color to get more blue as it goes further into the distance.

In other software you can control where the atmosphere starts and it is not as complicated as octane to get decent atmosphere.

Edit: The old method of using a sphere and specular material with a scatter node attached works better than the new octane medium workflow.
Visualize
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane Environment Atmosphere?

Postby pegot » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:07 pm

pegot Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:07 pm
I have to agree. I am always having great difficulty achieving the kind of diminishing fog more easily attained in other programs. I know it can be done in Octane because I have seen such renders posted in the forums. But I simply can not seem to attain the degree of control I'd like.

Would be great to have a really detailed tutorial with sample file if possible.

Usually what I want is to have a foreground object in perfect focus and clarity with fog that gets more dense behind the object.
Win 10
3.7Ghz i9 10900k / 64GB
ASUS STRIX Z490-E
PSU: PowerSpec 850Wd
RTX 3090 Asus Tuff

Network rendering:
Win 10
4.2Ghz i7 7700k / 64GB
AsRock SuperCarrier
PSU: EVGA 1200w
RTX 3080 Ti EVGA Hybrid
RTX 3080 ASUS Tuff
GTX 1080ti SC Black (wc)
pegot
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane Environment Atmosphere?

Postby Visualize » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:58 pm

Visualize Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:58 pm
pegot wrote:I have to agree. I am always having great difficulty achieving the kind of diminishing fog more easily attained in other programs. I know it can be done in Octane because I have seen such renders posted in the forums. But I simply can not seem to attain the degree of control I'd like.

Would be great to have a really detailed tutorial with sample file if possible.

Usually what I want is to have a foreground object in perfect focus and clarity with fog that gets more dense behind the object.

I found the old method works best for this. Also zdepth works works as well in post but it would be nice to have working atmosphere in an unbiased render engine.
Visualize
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to General Discussion