Octane postprocessor- post processor pixels only??seperatio

Forums: Octane postprocessor- post processor pixels only??seperatio
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Octane postprocessor- post processor pixels only??seperatio

Postby adamrg7 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:32 pm

adamrg7 Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:32 pm
Do we still not have a way of seperating the post processors layers pixels only, not anything else, just the post processor data with no other geometry included etc...??
This is highly needed for green screen work, and im very surprised we cant apply these great post processor effects to a green screened composite. This post processor imo takes a 3d image from looking fake to actually look photorealistic in so many ways, and have to manually apply bloom and glare with blender for example, so far is a pain for me since i dont have a workflow yet for these effects.

???

I am a computer programmer and I am quite certain that with a sophisticated rendering engine like octane render, this would be VERY easy to do, to seperate the pixels of the post processor on seperate render pass, heck theres a render pass for everything else except for that.
I also do see their that there is a render pass for it but it doesnt work the way that is needed for green screen work, the pass includes other things like geometry from what i remember.
plz help thx
adamrg7
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane postprocessor- post processor pixels only??seperatio

Postby bepeg4d » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:33 am

bepeg4d Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:33 am
Hi adamrg7,
please, try this steps:
1. Create a Visible Environment node with black texture, and with only the Backplate option active.
2. disable the Alpha channel option in Kernel settings.
3. Enable the Post processing pass in the Render Passes settings.
4. Render only few sampling and save the Post Processing pass.
5. Add the Post processing layer in compositing with Linear Add mode.
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby adamrg7 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:53 pm

adamrg7 Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:53 pm
Ok will try..

but still looks like i have to render the animation twice, just for the post processing layer.

AND..

when doing green screen work, say it is a person being green screened, glare and bloom are supposed to react to objects in 3d, in blender the glare node in the compositor does this, i have been playing around with a crazy node setup.
but trying to get the glare and blur nodes to look like the octane post processor is becoming quite difficult, the octane post processor looks amazing in my opinion thats why i want to use it for my green screen work. But i dont know what to do to get past this next hurdle now.
i dont know if youll quite understand unless i show pictures, but lets say a person or object blocks a light from the camera slightly then fully, the glare and bloom will react to this to the camera, if we are doing green screen work the object/person needs to make the glare and bloom react also, without an object in 3d space with octane render, i dont see this as possible, and to put an object in the shape the human green screen like a mask, i dont even know how to do that. Using an image as plane wont work cuz the plane is square.

let me know if theres set way of doing this with octane render.
adamrg7
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:22 am

bepeg4d Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:22 am
Hi adamrg7,
ok sorry, now your issue is more clear.
If you parent a plane to the camera at the correct distance, with your footage in emission (with "Cast illumination” unticked), and in opacity, it should occlude the emitters and works correctly with post effect.
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby adamrg7 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:30 pm

adamrg7 Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:30 pm
ya but the plane is a square, if green screen footage of a person is in front of the light, i cant get the plane to be in the shape of the geometry.

the only other way of doing this that i can think of is using free program ni mate to track the movement of subject then make a 3d model very close to shape to the actor. seems like a lot of work tho.
adamrg7
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:24 pm

bepeg4d Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:24 pm
Hi adamrg7,
I meant something like this, sorry for the poor, terrible, and exagerated example:
Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 16.19.28.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 16.19.42.jpg

DonaldGreen.orbx
(75.05 MiB) Downloaded 245 times

ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby adamrg7 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:26 pm

adamrg7 Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:26 pm
i downloaded the file you provided. In the file all i see is trump on green screen with sun and water. No keyed out green, and no fire at all..

id like to see the file for sure, im using blender however but i should be able to replicate what you did..
also can you send a screen shot of the sun or trump moved doesnt matter, so that the sun is half way in sight behind any body part on trump, what is interesting is that if what you did works, you were able to take the plane and make it the shape of trump so that the light acts to it as of that shape, not as a square plane, how did you do it though? well send a pic first of what i said see if it works for sure .lol
adamrg7
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby adamrg7 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:28 pm

adamrg7 Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:28 pm
oh also looks like ur having the green screen plane right inside the engine, which isnt the way im working in blender, but maybe i can.

i did find that when putting video or images on planes in the engine, seems to degrade the quality of the image. dont know if im the only one who noticed.
adamrg7
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:29 pm

bepeg4d Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:29 pm
Hi adamrg7,
yes the plane is parented to the Camera, so they are moving together. The greenscreen is used to get the mask in opacity, if you prepare it in a compompositing app, you can make a precise mask. Alway better to use animated image sequences, video codec can change a lot the quality of the frame.
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby adamrg7 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:33 pm

adamrg7 Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:33 pm
read above.. the example file you sent doesnt show what u showed in screenshot
adamrg7
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to General Discussion