Real Time Rendering on The Horizion? CPU integration?

Forums: Real Time Rendering on The Horizion? CPU integration?
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Real Time Rendering on The Horizion? CPU integration?

Postby jibbles10 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:55 pm

jibbles10 Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:55 pm
With multiple GPU machines becoming commonplace (And four GPU systems an easy to achieve standard considered as a baseline system) What do you speculate? Is real time rendering on the horizon for Octane? Can utilizing CPU and GPU help Octane get to that point more easily.

(I just invested in a upgrade to an AMD system with a 12 core Threadripper, and would love to see Octane be able to utilize my CPU as well.)
jibbles10
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Real Time Rendering on The Horizion? CPU integration?

Postby Goldorak » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:53 pm

Goldorak Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:53 pm
It's a key goal for V4 (which integrated Briagde fully) w/ AI real time denoising getting us there in parallel.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: Real Time Rendering on The Horizion? CPU integration?

Postby jibbles10 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:23 am

jibbles10 Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:23 am
Goldorak wrote:It's a key goal for V4 (which integrated Briagde fully) w/ AI real time denoising getting us there in parallel.

Greetings Goldorak! Looks like I have been out of the loop on Octane news for a while, you pointed me in the right direction. I searched online on what you mentioned and watched some YouTube videos, one in particular "The Future of GPU Rendering in 2017 and Beyond" Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZCfg4doWYg. everything makes sense now.

I couldn't make it to Siggraph this year but was seeing a lot of mentions of real time rendering done there, and it got me thinking of how close Octane is to real-time rendering. Good to see OTOY is heading in that direction too. Having real-time rendering in all of the Octane plugins would be, well quite frankly... FREAKING AWESOME!!!

Thanks...Jay
jibbles10
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to General Discussion