Latest windows update buggy / Recommended Nvidia Drivers?

Forums: Latest windows update buggy / Recommended Nvidia Drivers?
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Latest windows update buggy / Recommended Nvidia Drivers?

Postby carmichael84 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:14 am

carmichael84 Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:14 am
I've always postponed windows updates, but somehow this one went though last night and working today has been a huge pain. It seems to be graphics related in general, and I'm just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues to the latest Windows 10 update.

When I go to send my scene to Octane (Octane for C4D 3.06) it hangs for a bit, then my mouse freezes up for a few mins. Comes back and I can't launch the Live Viewer... "render failed to launch, check log" And I get an error about not being able to allocate ram, but my scene is only 1.2GB. hmm Maybe there's data getting stuck in Vram and I need to purge Vram somehow?

Should I try updating my Nvidia drivers? (I'm running 4x 980ti hybrids) version 382.05. I've had back luck in the past updating the Nvidia drivers, so I've usually held back a bit, but maybe this is my issue now?

Any help/ideas is appreciated.

Thanks!
carmichael84
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Latest windows update buggy / Recommended Nvidia Drivers?

Postby carmichael84 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:27 pm

carmichael84 Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:27 pm
So just an update incase anyone else runs into this issue.

I was getting DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD errors while rendering. The problem I thought was with my Nvidia Driver but after updating and trying a few versions, I still kept getting crashes.

I've since disabled my Nvidia Audio output, and the problem seems to be fixed.

Reading on a few other forums, sounds like sometimes there is a conflict with the HD Audio driver and the Nvidia Audio Driver. I had been using my monitors built in speakers, and switched to built in audio, and so far haven't had anymore crashes.
carmichael84
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to General Discussion