Panning shots - with motion blur...

Forums: Panning shots - with motion blur...
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Panning shots - with motion blur...

Postby cahaldallett » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:37 pm

cahaldallett Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:37 pm
Hi All,

I'm working on a shot of a car driving past the camera, with the camera panning as it drives past. In reality, the background would be mostly blurred but the car itself wouldn't be as blurred as the speed of the pan matches the speed of the cars movement.

For the life of me I can't replicate this in octane. I'm using object tags to get the motion blur working, but when I stick tags on everything, the shot looks wrong. The background is blurring correctly as I pan, but the car is also panning.

Is this a limitation of Octane or is it possible to recreate this? It doesn't look like motion blur when zooming is being calculated properly either.

Another problem I'm having is to do with wheels and motion blur. The wheels look like they're rotating about the exact centre of the wheel, but the motion blur looks insane, like a weird looking smear instead of a clean rotational blur.

Thanks!
Win 10 64 | Geforce GTX 1080 x 2 | i7 6850k | 64GB | Octane 3 for C4D
cahaldallett
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to General Discussion