Suggestion needed for Render job graph

Forums: Suggestion needed for Render job graph
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Re: Suggestion needed for Render job graph

Postby calus » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:35 pm

calus Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:35 pm
abstrax wrote:The render job graph is just a Lua script graph sitting on top of the render job graph Lua API, allowing everyone to write his/her own render job implementation. Lua scripts can't create an arbitrary GUI in the node stack editor, but only input linkers, i.e. what you are asking for is currently not possible.

Oh, I see.
And right, be able to make its own render job version is a very nice/important feature.

abstrax wrote:What is wrong with the setting the render target count for the batch render job graph anyway?

This is just less intuitive/usual than the add/remove button.

Else, an even better way to do this,
is to automatically add/remove an empty linker pin each time a target is plugged/unplugged (there's always only 1 empty pin).
This way no need to use the node inspector at all for that.
Pascal ANDRE
calus
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby gah5118 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:18 pm

gah5118 Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:18 pm
not sure if this was addressed, about to test the latest octane release; however, the frame range will default to the last available frame when you reopen the scene. So, each time opening the scene, you have to remember to go through and reset all of your batch render nodes.
Windows 8.1 | i7 950 | GTX 780ti | 24gb ddr3
gah5118
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby vijay » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:41 pm

vijay Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:41 pm
gah5118 wrote:not sure if this was addressed, about to test the latest octane release; however, the frame range will default to the last available frame when you reopen the scene. So, each time opening the scene, you have to remember to go through and reset all of your batch render nodes.

Noted down. will try to fix it in upcoming release.
vijay
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby gah5118 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:06 pm

gah5118 Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:06 pm
Thanks!

another issue I discovered, is if you have 1 frame setup (frame range 2-2 for example), when starting the batch render, it will say finished. There has been quite a few cases in the past week that I needed to do this due to different circumstances.
Windows 8.1 | i7 950 | GTX 780ti | 24gb ddr3
gah5118
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby vijay » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:09 pm

vijay Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:09 pm
gah5118 wrote:Thanks!

another issue I discovered, is if you have 1 frame setup (frame range 2-2 for example), when starting the batch render, it will say finished. There has been quite a few cases in the past week that I needed to do this due to different circumstances.

Thanks. I noticed it as well. Will be fixed in upcoming release.

Vijay
vijay
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby manalokos » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:25 pm

manalokos Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:25 pm
Batch render job doesn't compile correctly or render correctly, sometimes it doesn't render at all, other times sabes the current render, but usually it renders the cameras but with geometry missing.
It would be a wonderful tool if it worked.

Kind regards
Filipe
manalokos
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Tazan » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:48 pm

Tazan Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:48 pm
vijay_thirukonda wrote:You can render different render targets with a different animation frame range in a single go/button.

Hi and sorry for doing a revival of this thread, but it's been days I'm tring to figure this out: how is it possible to render different render targets with a different animation frame range with this Batch render job node, please?
Tazan
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby vijay » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:44 pm

vijay Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:44 pm
Tazan wrote:
vijay_thirukonda wrote:You can render different render targets with a different animation frame range in a single go/button.

Hi and sorry for doing a revival of this thread, but it's been days I'm tring to figure this out: how is it possible to render different render targets with a different animation frame range with this Batch render job node, please?

You will need multiple batch render jobs nodes for setting different time frames. Then you can connect all batch render job nodes to a render job group node and start the group job.
Attachments
render_job_group.png
vijay
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Tazan » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:59 pm

Tazan Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:59 pm
Ok that's the kind of solution I've concluded :) Thanks a lot for your response Vijay!

Best.
Tazan
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Tazan » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:59 pm

Tazan Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:59 pm
Hi Vijay,

I have yet another question on the Render job: at the moment when I put the frame ranges for each renders, it won't keep them in memory whenever I close the window.
Which is a bit annoying for small lists, but can be very annoying for big lists like the one in the following picture:

Also, I don't know Lua script language but is there a way to assign a frame range for each Batch render job by their name?

Best regards :)
Tazan
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion