Can't log out of octane license

Forums: Can't log out of octane license
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Re: Can't log out of octane license

Postby aoktar » Sun May 07, 2017 9:20 am

aoktar Sun May 07, 2017 9:20 am
freebird2000 wrote:Guys,

I am having the exact same issue. This is annoying. The website states very clearly that we're to logout there only as a last resort. Instead, we need to log out on host computer. I don't even have the standalone version. I use C4D. You keep saying, to close all apps running Octane. I need to have C4D open in order to Sign Out of Octane! But no matter what I try, even shutting down the computer, it will not release the license.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Please read my and mojave's answers again. If c4d cannot quit properly it may not log out. Check the status from licences page and don't shutdown pc. It will not help. And install standalone to a directory to use for signouts
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby freebird2000 » Sun May 07, 2017 11:45 am

freebird2000 Sun May 07, 2017 11:45 am
Thanks Aoktar,

I'm sorry but I'm still not understanding. My install of Cinema 4D seems to be able to shut down just fine. As previous poster stated, am trying to move between desktop and laptop. So here's what I've tried so far:

- Simply tried to Sign Out via the settings tab of Octane within Cinema 4D on desktop. Keep getting pop up that says it can't sign out because there's another instance of Octane running when in fact there's nothing else running at all. No other programs are running except C4D, obviously. I can assure you, there is NO other instance of Octane clearly running, unless there's a hidden process or something that the end user cannot see or access.
- Tried quitting C4D normally (which it seems to do just fine), then restarting C4D and again trying to Sign Out from settings tab of Octane within C4D. Same error.
- Tried restarting computer and all of above again. Same error.
- Have used Activity Monitor to look for any running processes related to Octane and/or C4D. Don't see anything obvious.

This is clearly a bug with Mac/C4D/Octane. I've carefully reread the entire post. I've tried everything you've suggested previously. You said that shutting down the host computer would not release the license if it's not able to shut down properly. That's all well and good, but my Mac is shutting down just fine. I quit C4D. Quits fine. Then I shut down. Should that not release the license?

I have never installed or run the Standalone version so there's no question of that running while trying to release license.

The only way I was able to get it to work was to go on to the Otoy website and use one of my "Unlocks," which I mistakenly did for the standalone version first, then the host one. So now I'm down to 4 remaining "unlocks" which is worrisome (if only because the website is so clear about NOT using that as the way to release a C4D license). But at this rate, I'll have to use my web unlocks in no time. Then what?

Thank you.
Mac Pro (2 x 3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon), 128BG Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X 12 GB, MacOS: 10.11.6, Cinema 4D R18
freebird2000
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Sun May 07, 2017 12:24 pm

aoktar Sun May 07, 2017 12:24 pm
Hi freebird2000,
Did you used offline method and/or changed/updated OSX? What do you see in licenses or subscriptions page? On which machines your licenses looks like registered?
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby freebird2000 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:15 pm

freebird2000 Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:15 pm
Hello Aoktar,

Am circling back around to this problem as am still dealing with it. Here's the latest: the license was used over the weekend on my home laptop. Came into work office today and tried to use Octane Render from work desktop. Keep getting same error that there is no license available. It says that there's a license active on "Jasons_MBP-2.home." But C4D is not even running on my home laptop. In fact, the laptop itself is not running. But it STILL says that the license is active on that machine.

So, per your last email, I did not/have not used offline method and have not changed/updated OSX. What I am seeing on the licenses page is exactly what I said above. It's showing that there's a license on my home MBP laptop, but that machine is off. Have tried everything in this thread. PLEASE ADVISE.

Thank you!
Mac Pro (2 x 3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon), 128BG Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X 12 GB, MacOS: 10.11.6, Cinema 4D R18
freebird2000
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mojave » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:53 pm

mojave Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:53 pm
Before you leave home or work, make sure there are no instances of the C4D process running by checking in the task manager.

If there's a hanging C4D process hanging due to either the Octane or perhaps other plugins that may cause the issue that you see.

If this is happening you may want uninstalling all your plugins and install them back one at a time to see what's the one causing the problem.
mojave
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby bepeg4d » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:39 am

bepeg4d Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:39 am
Hi freebird2000,
please update all your machine to the latest v3.06.2 c4doctane plugin:
viewtopic.php?f=85&t=60816
The issue that was blocking c4doctane to correctly deactivate on exit on certain circumstances has been solved.
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby freebird2000 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:32 pm

freebird2000 Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:32 pm
Thanks Beppe! I will update and let you know if there's any more problem. Thanks all.

J
freebird2000
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to General Discussion