Altus rendering denoising system

Forums: Altus rendering denoising system
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Re: Altus rendering denoising system

Postby Chriz » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:45 pm

Chriz Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:45 pm
Hi,

just want to make the point, that here is one more person (me) watching this Denoisingstuff and wishes that such tool would be in his Octane-toolbox as soon as possible too.

Thanks for the link @RobSteady
http://www.C9W.de - Win10 - Dual E5 2620v3 - Display 1 GTX 1080 / Render 1 3090 RTX - 96 RAM - C4D MSA - C4D Plugin version: current - Standalone: current
Chriz
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:46 pm

Goldorak Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:46 pm
RobSteady wrote:
Goldorak wrote:3.1 allows any 3rd party denoiser to integrate live (or offline) in Octane via the 3.1 native plug-in API, of which Altus is the first to leverage (along with incoming post and imager plug-ins e.g. OctaneImager). In parallel to this, we are working on reducing noise in the engine itself before even getting to a denoiser step.

Please give us schedule when all this is going to happen.

This is the roadmap for the coming weeks and months:

- 3.00 launch (done - as of 5/23)

- 3.00 Denoiser (done - Altus works with 3.00 today. We use it internally to cut down render times by half. Deeper integration is coming in 3.1 via the new module system; see below)

- 3.01 bug fixes for auth/sign-in issues reported by some users (in progress now, nearly done)

- ORC test drive (~within a week of the above wrapping up)

- CUDA8/Pascal support (ASAP...we also would love to know what speed we can get on GTX1080/1070; keep in mind CUDA8 isn't officially being released until August)

- Octane VR re-launch w/ 3.0 features (ETA mid-summer, working on script nodes that target new ORBX Media Player updates)

- Subscriptions (OctaneEngine - ETA late summer, backend work mostly)

- 3.1 Alpha+ (ETA - TBD. We'll have a better answer as to when alpha will be coming in the next month or so, once major features like OSL and GPU cross compiler support are stable enough for users to work with)

- 3.1 SDK for 1st and 3rd party modules, extending the core engine (API will be in 3.1 Alpha)

3rd party modules are initially going to be imager/post-processing extensions, including Altus denoiser (we are working with them on this for the 3.1 alpha). These modules will operate as an integrated native component of Octane (SE or within any host app).

3.1 plug-ins will mean any 3rd party denoiser module, not just Altus, can be adapted and work directly inside Octane's live viewport and offline render path, as well as ORC.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Seekerfinder » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:54 am

Seekerfinder Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:54 am
Goldorak wrote:- 3.1 SDK for 1st and 3rd party modules, extending the core engine (API will be in 3.1 Alpha)

:shock: Game changer? :shock:
Win 8(64) | P9X79-E WS | i7-3930K | 32GB | GTX Titan & GTX 780Ti | SketchUP | Revit | Beta tester for Revit & Sketchup plugins for Octane
Seekerfinder
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Rik » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:50 am

Rik Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:50 am
:shock: Game changer? :shock:

Could well be a game changer. I haven't a bloody clue what it actually means, but it could well be. :oops: Whatever happened to the second party?

Thanks for that info Goldark - cutting render times in half is fantastic. Can't fathom why Otoy ever prioritised making smoke over this but at least it's now coming.
Rik
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby RobSteady » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:36 am

RobSteady Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:36 am
Goldorak wrote:We use it internally to cut down render times by half.

Can you please proof that with a high-res image comparison?

Edit: actually I don't believe that until you show something.
Last edited by RobSteady on Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Octane for 3ds Max v2.21.1 | i7-5930K | 32GB | 1 x GTX Titan Z + 2 x GTX 980 Ti
RobSteady
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby daniel.reutersward » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:31 pm

daniel.reutersward Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:31 pm
Goldorak wrote:
- 3.00 Denoiser (done - Altus works with 3.00 today. We use it internally to cut down render times by half. Deeper integration is coming in 3.1 via the new module system; see below)

Would it be possible for you to share some insight how Altus Denoiser can be used with Octane 3.0?
daniel.reutersward
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ff7darkcloud » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:31 am

ff7darkcloud Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:31 am
+1 Would like to know what are the render passes needed?
A small tutorial might not hurt, and the Innobright guys can even put it on their documentation page along the other tutorials for Corona, etc.

I will try to list the render passes I think are the ones needed:

– Beauty render.
(Main image)

– Camera facing normal pass with feature preservation.
(Is this the one called "Shading Normal"?, and of course bump and normal mapping must be ticked on.)

– Worldspace position coordinates.
(Is this "UV Coordinates"?)

– Albedo pass; this is the unshaded texture with feature preservation.
(Is this one "Diffuse Filter"?, also is it the one from beauty passes or the one from info passes?)

– Visibility pass; this is the shadow pass with feature preservation.
(Completely on the dark about this one, no pun intended.)

– Caustics pass.
(Is this "Refraction" or "Refraction Filter"? also is it the one from beauty passes or info passes?"

Goldorak, please correct me as I am just guessing here. Would like to test this ASAP.

Thanks.
( PC ) Win10 x64 | 2xRTX2080TI | ASUS Rampage VI Extreme | i9-7900x | 32GB | 1600W
( Laptop ) Win10 x64 | RTX2080Max-Q | Lenovo Legion Y740 | i7-9750H | 32GB - Octane Standalone Win 10/ Sketchup 2019

PORTFOLIO: https://renderspace.wixsite.com/portfolio
ff7darkcloud
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby KeeWe » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:09 pm

KeeWe Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:09 pm
Are there any news on the implementation of the Altus system? And for now, can someone explain which passes we need to render to use the System? If the workflow is not to messy Id love to invest my money in this software...
A´dditionally: does it work with volume renderings?
6850k // 32 GB // 1080, 1080 Ti, 2080 Ti // Win 10 // C4D 19.068
KeeWe
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby prorender » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:13 am

prorender Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:13 am
Dear OctaneRender users,

with our prorender PRM for Altus with OctaneRender denoiser tool you can easily accelerate and distribute denoising jobs on your renderfarm. As you can see it in the screen shot the GUI gives you control of all Altus parameters.

prm_altus_octane_denoiser.png
With the prorender PRM Altus with OctaneRender denoiser tool it's very easy, handy and time-saving to submit denoising jobs on a renderfarm.

On this forum thread you can also see an example of the denoising result.
https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=55564

Here you can watch the prorender PRM tool in action (as shown there for V-Ray Denoiser the handling for Altus with OctaneRender is equivalent)
https://youtu.be/UKsd3RGMfVQ

Scope of functions:
-accelerate and distribute OctaneRender denoising jobs on a renderfarm
-easy GUI usage with drag'n'drop
-save/load presets for changing Altus settings quickly
-works with cost-free Backburner render manager
-supports CPU/GPU denoising with CPU fallback mode

The prorender PRM for Altus with OctaneRender tool is available right now.

Software prerequisites:
-Windows 7, 8.1, 10, Server with Microsoft .NET Framework 4 or higher
-Autodesk Backburner
-innoBright Altus Denoiser

The tool helps you to accelerate your denoising jobs and has following advantages over a scripting method:
-drag'n'drop and one-click job submission
-flexible & customizable settings of vdenoise parameters with the easy-to-use GUI
-save/load presets for changing Altus settings quickly
-selectable render servers or render server groups for rendering the denoising jobs
-selectable image ranges stillframe, frame list, sequences or step sequences
-auto-detect frame ranges & auto-fill required parameters
-suitable for the professional usage
-compact & clear GUI design
-ready-to-use, requires no extra and time consuming scripting knowledges and helps you to focus on your visualization works
-saving extra costs for separate render manager software - Autodesk Backburner comes with Autodesk products
-easy-to-use denoising saves rendering time & hardware costs and helps you to get faster rendering results and therefore increases your profit & competitiveness

If you want to buy the software please use the contact & registration form:
https://www.prorender.de/renderservice-renderserver-rendermodul-renderfarm-neukunden-registrierung.html

More Infos about the prorender Denoising Cloud Service:
(as shown there for V-Ray Denoiser the handling for Altus with OctaneRender is equivalent)
https://www.prorender.de/renderservice-renderserver-rendermodul-renderfarm-prm-vray-denoiser.html

prorender | Renderfarm & Render Service:
https://www.prorender.de

Please use the google translate button on our website to translate to the required language.
Last edited by prorender on Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
prorender
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Rik » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:01 am

Rik Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:01 am
I sincerely hope I've misunderstood here but it looks like the de-noise feature we were promised is a paid for add on?
We were led to believe that octane would be offering this as an integral feature, now possible due to the new core which made so many of our material library unusable.

Be grateful if you could please clarify. Thanks.
Rik
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion