Phantom Photo Match [1.4.2] Get the 3D camera from a photo!

Forums: Phantom Photo Match [1.4.2] Get the 3D camera from a photo!
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Re: Phantom Photo Match [1.2] Augmented reality in Octane!

Postby Phantom107 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:53 pm

Phantom107 Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:53 pm
Sampling tool added that temporarily blurs the image so you can pick a good color for painting.

Phantom107
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby thefishnut » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:42 pm

thefishnut Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:42 pm
Hi Guss,
Thanks for all the work with this new software. I have found it to be helpful already for matching the focal distance. But this was unfortunately the only usable part for me thus far. The reason being that my model that I imported to gain the position data was at a height of 175m above sea level. This is the way a lot of our projects are setup from Revit to report accurate height datums. It is a huge task to move this before entering it into Phantom Photo Match. Normally in Phantom Scatter this isn't a problem, I simply look up and shift move my way to the model. But there seems to be a limitation with Phantom Photo Match, I'm guessing this is because you cant move the inserted image. Is there a way to incorporate an offset feature to shift an insert model down the a usable level?
Let me know if I have made sense, haha.

Many thanks again for all your great work.
Chris.
Win 8 64 | 2 x Geforce GTX780 6gb | i7 4790k | 32GB
thefishnut
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Phantom107 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:58 pm

Phantom107 Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:58 pm
Hey Chris,

Thanks for your feedback, appreciate it as always.

I didn't realize this was a problem, as I always use SketchUp and that makes it easy to just put the mesh to the center. I will bring a solution to your problem along in the next release (1.3). Rather than an offset value, which is still guessing around, how about I let you move through the model in 3D space (just like Phantom Scatter), then you just pinpoint a location and then that would be the origin node's position in the interface. Ofcourse I will still make it take into account the offset on export. :)

Sound good?
Phantom107
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby thefishnut » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:00 am

thefishnut Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:00 am
Sounds perfect!
Many Thanks Guss! :)

Look forward to the next release.
thefishnut
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Phantom107 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:35 pm

Phantom107 Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:35 pm
Paint tools are working perfectly now, you can pick colors and smoothly paint on the environment map.

When painting on the left or right edges, the brush will automatically draw on the other side too so the image is fully seamless. Next up is making it export to Octane. ;)

Phantom107
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Phantom107 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:39 pm

Phantom107 Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:39 pm
Quick update Chris, got it working. Just select SCENE ORIGIN OFFSET from the SETUP module and you will get a tool that allows you to fly in 3D. You can then simply click on the position that you want the scene origin placed at. Ofcourse it all automatically carries through when exporting and saving. ;)

Phantom107
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Phantom Photo Match [1.3] Environment map painting, offset

Postby Phantom107 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:04 pm

Phantom107 Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:04 pm
Phantom Photo Match 1.3 is now available!

I will send an e-mail to all licensees in a few moments!

Visit the website here: http://photomatch.phantomtechnology.nl/

Changelog

» Fixed problem where the UI didn't update variables when importing a setup.

» Added function EXPORT ENVIRONMENT MAP. Allows you to export the environment map image as a *.PNG file.

» Added function SCENE ORIGIN OFFSET. Allows you to fly around the imported *.OBJ model in 3D space. You can then pinpoint a location with the left mouse button to determine the position that should be used for the ORIGIN node inside the interface. It makes dealing with models that are far away from the absolute origin (0,0,0) a lot easier. No need to change your model inside the render tool, the offset is taken into account in the exported data automatically.

» Added function RESET OFFSET. Resets the offset, meaning the ORIGIN node in the interface will be at position (0,0,0) in your scene again.

» Added new module called ENVIRONMENT MAP, targeted towards painting an environment map for your scene. An environment map is an image used for the lighting in your scene. It allows you to bring in tints of color from the environment. That way the scene is blended in much better with the background image behind it. Using the paint tools, you can smoothly paint around colors as you like. The image can be exported as *.PNG and used in your rendering tool as-is.

» Added color indicators to the left side of the interface. They allow you to save some colors in the current setup for quick access. Click on the little boxes next to the colors in the GUI to set the currently active color. When setting the color or painting, it always applies to the currently active color.

» Added function CURRENT INDEX. Controls the currently active color. You can also click inside the little boxes next to the colors in the GUI to achieve the same effect.

» Added function SAMPLE ON SHEET. This function pops up a color sheet and grayscale sheet, allowing you to change the currently active color.

» Added function SAMPLE ON IMAGE. This function lets you change the currently active color to the color of a pixel you pinpoint on the imported image.

» Added function SAMPLE ON IMAGE (BLUR). Same as function SAMPLE ON IMAGE, but this time Phantom Photo Match temporarily blurs the imported image. That way you can get the average color tint of regions in your image, which is more suitable for drawing on the environment map.

» Added function PAINT ENVIRONMENT MAP. This function allows you to paint on the environment map, located below the imported image in the GUI. Use the left mouse button to paint where you want. When painting on the left or right edge on the screen, a clone brush will appear on the other side. That way the environment map will be perfectly seamless all the way around. While the tool is activated, you can use SHIFT+MOUSEWHEEL to change the brush radius. You can also use CTRL+MOUSEWHEEL to change the painting intensity. The environment map will be saved inside your setup, so you don't have to be afraid of losing it.
Phantom107
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby thefishnut » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:34 am

thefishnut Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:34 am
Phantom107 wrote:Quick update Chris, got it working. Just select SCENE ORIGIN OFFSET from the SETUP module and you will get a tool that allows you to fly in 3D. You can then simply click on the position that you want the scene origin placed at. Ofcourse it all automatically carries through when exporting and saving. ;)

Wow, great Gus!
Many Thanks for the always quick, and top quality work :)

Will give it a try first thing in the morning!
thefishnut
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Phantom Photo Match [1.3] Environment map painting, offset

Postby Phantom107 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:54 pm

Phantom107 Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:54 pm
Hello Ron?

I just got your message, but when I replied I got a message back from the mailserver that it cannot send e-mail to your account? I think maybe you mistyped your address. :!:
Phantom107
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Phantom Photo Match [1.4] Environment map painting, offset

Postby Phantom107 » Sat May 21, 2016 11:33 pm

Phantom107 Sat May 21, 2016 11:33 pm
Phantom Photo Match 1.4 is now available!

I will send an e-mail to all licensees in a few moments!

Visit the website here: http://photomatch.phantomtechnology.nl/

Changelog

» Program now correctly shows up as 'Phantom Photo Match' in task manager.

» Program now appears immediately and shows a splash screen as opposed to loading up in the background and then suddenly appearing.

» Since Phantom Photo Match works with saving a setup file rather than automatic saving, closing the program accidentally before saving makes you lose your work. To prevent this from happening, you will now be prompted with a notice if you want to save the current setup when you close the program.
Phantom107
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion