Hayssam Keilany "Hello everyone, OTOY guy here.
I've decided to update everyone about the ICEFX (name subject to changes...) part of the OctaneImager.
"What's this ICEFX thing you're talking about?"
Well, I'll create a proper forum post in the future with pictures but i'll enumerate some features here :
- Customizable tonemapper
- 3D LUT support
- Correct white balance and color temperature
- Fast HDR chromatic aberration (axial & lateral)
- Bleach bypass, Fade, Blacks, Levels...
- Vibrance,saturation,contrast,gamma (classic but necessary)
- HDR Sharpening
- Highlight / Midtones / Shadows color grading (Log & Linear)
- RGB Curves
- Film Grain (because sometimes it's better to just add it than making your render noisy
- Customizable vignetting
- Multiple customizable cartoon effects (Painting, drawing, etc)
- Contour effect
- Digital and analog glitch effects (can be animated)
- CRT / VHS / NTSC & more... artifacts creator
- Scanline / ASCII & random effects
- And more...
* Lighting / Camera effects
- Super fast bloom
- Light streaks (Glare on OctaneRender)
- Anamorphic lens effects
- Customizable Lens Flare
- Lens Dirt effect
- Customizable depth of field (blades, etc)
- Fake fast god-rays (useful for quick terrain)
- Real-Time Ambient Occlusion / Indirect lighting
- Real-Time Raytraced reflections
- Customizable artistic fog (Total control)
- Denoiser (WIP, not sure yet if my approach is worth it)
These are the most important features,
For the Rendering part, I must specify that they will not replace path-tracing at all. They are meant for quick tweaking or fixes and might not be integrated in the end as they were created for real-time purposes (VR/ Mobile and more)
Keep in mind that ICEFX is at first a real-time post-processing solution usable in video games to produce high-quality photorealistic rendering.
Please let me know if i'm missing out an important feature in terms of color or what you guys are used to do in Photoshop/Lightroom/Nuke...