Phantom Scatter [1.12.2] Export and press CTRL+V in Octane!

Forums: Phantom Scatter [1.12.2] Export and press CTRL+V in Octane!
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Re: Phantom Scatter | Automatized instancing solution

Postby smicha » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:26 am

smicha Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:26 am
I also had some problems with changing XYZ coordinates for sketchup plugin but I solved it there
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=22581&start=20

If you need any help with the transformation matrix please post it.
3090, Titan, Quadro, Xeon Scalable Supermicro, 768GB RAM; Sketchup Pro, Classical Architecture.
Custom alloy powder coated laser cut cases, Autodesk metal-sheet 3D modelling.
build-log http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=42540
smicha
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Interfaces » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:33 am

Interfaces Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:33 am
your program is very interesting, but would it be possible to have a video tutorial please!!
Interfaces
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby smicha » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:01 pm

smicha Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:01 pm
Video tutorial is needed.
3090, Titan, Quadro, Xeon Scalable Supermicro, 768GB RAM; Sketchup Pro, Classical Architecture.
smicha
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Phantom107 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:48 pm

Phantom107 Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:48 pm
Update

It is my pleasure to announce that I reworked parts of my import script (again :twisted: ), and that triangles as well as quads are now supported. It will discard any faces that have 5 vertices or above so be careful. Big thanks go to Zay for sending me some sample OBJs to test with.

I've also made a button in Phantom Scatter Compute that allows you to scale. I've programmed it so it will save the value of the scale in the library folder so you don't have to enter it over and over again. My recommendation is that you scale your model to meters.

face_off (Paul), I think something else is going on somewhere. I'm originally a hobbyist game programmer and I always use the Z-axis to be up. And that is the case in this program too... I'll get to it eventually, there is a bunch of stuff that needs work that has priority right now.

Sure, I'll add a video tutorial when I feel the product is good enough. It really isn't all that complex to use though, I streamlined it as much as possible. Is the manual concept not clear enough?
Phantom107
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby smicha » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:42 am

smicha Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:42 am
Phantom107 wrote:face_off (Paul), I think something else is going on somewhere. I'm originally a hobbyist game programmer and I always use the Z-axis to be up. And that is the case in this program too... I'll get to it eventually, there is a bunch of stuff that needs work that has priority right now.

To switch between Y and Z axis I used this transformation in SU plugin

tt=[tr[0],tr[8],-(tr[4]),tr[12].to_m, tr[2],tr[10],-(tr[6]),tr[14].to_m, -(tr[1]),-(tr[9]),tr[5],-(tr[13].to_m)]

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=22581&start=40

PS. Great update Phantom. Can't wait to buy your software.
smicha
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby deadakos » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:29 am

deadakos Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:29 am
Phantom107 wrote:Update

It is my pleasure to announce that I reworked parts of my import script (again :twisted: ), and that triangles as well as quads are now supported. It will discard any faces that have 5 vertices or above so be careful. Big thanks go to Zay for sending me some sample OBJs to test with.

I've also made a button in Phantom Scatter Compute that allows you to scale. I've programmed it so it will save the value of the scale in the library folder so you don't have to enter it over and over again. My recommendation is that you scale your model to meters.

face_off (Paul), I think something else is going on somewhere. I'm originally a hobbyist game programmer and I always use the Z-axis to be up. And that is the case in this program too... I'll get to it eventually, there is a bunch of stuff that needs work that has priority right now.

Sure, I'll add a video tutorial when I feel the product is good enough. It really isn't all that complex to use though, I streamlined it as much as possible. Is the manual concept not clear enough?

For me this concept manual is clear and enough. Maybe later, when your solution bacome more complex we would need a video tutorial. However I may be wrong, because we are following your work almost from the first codeline, so we have now a clear view about it. I don't know how a new customer will understand it.
i9-9900K | 32GB RAM | 1x RTX 3080 + 1x GTX 1080 | Win11pro 64bit
deadakos
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby deadakos » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:29 am

deadakos Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:29 am
Phantom107 wrote:Update

For me this concept manual is clear and enough. Maybe later, when your solution bacome more complex we would need a video tutorial. However I may be wrong, because we are following your work almost from the first codeline, so we have now a clear view about it. I don't know how a new customer will understand it.
i9-9900K | 32GB RAM | 1x RTX 3080 + 1x GTX 1080 | Win11pro 64bit
deadakos
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Daniel79 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:35 am

Daniel79 Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:35 am
where i can download this?
I have to use sketchUp or not?

Thanks
SORRY, MY ENGLISH IS BAD!
2 Xeon quad core E5440_8gb Ram_Nvidia GeForce 2GTX 780ti 3Gb/Nvidia Quadro K2000_Win10 64bit_Octane 3.02_Rhinoceros3D
Daniel79
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Phantom107 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:29 am

Phantom107 Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:29 am
It is currently being tested. I have no intention of bringing out a broken product, it's done when it's done. I will soon invite some people on a closed beta.

Personally I'm a SketchUp user, but any OBJ will work as long as it's made of triangles and/or quads. You can use any kind of program as long as it meets this criteria.
Phantom107
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rappet » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:12 pm

rappet Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:12 pm
Can you show an example of OBJ scattered on surface that is not from topdown only (like a plane/mesh).. i.e. a globe that is scattered all around? Is taht possible as well?

greetz,
rappet
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion