Network render node - RAM

Forums: Network render node - RAM
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Network render node - RAM

Postby SSmolak » Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:59 pm

SSmolak Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:59 pm
Hi, I'm thinking about build external network render node and I thought about RAM. Does network computer should have the same amount of RAM than main ( 128GB ) ?

I know that RAM is used intensively during scene preprocessing, converting. Is that huge amount of RAM is needed in node too ?
Architectural Visualizations http://www.archviz-4d.studio
SSmolak
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Network render node - RAM

Postby glimpse » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:02 pm

glimpse Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:02 pm
from what I understand, the rendered images is being assembled as You go on Your main, so called master machine. Data to be calculated is being sent in and out from main machine to render nodes so it would be rendered on nodes.

The most demanding stage is preparation, where data is being prepared to be rendered - that's happening on Your main machine.

However, if You even want to split rendering animation on different machines using Deadline and such, that basically render different ranges of animation as separate process.. You will need the system memory, as each of those nodes will act as master machine so to speak.

For this and other reasons (like redundancy) I would advise to have render nodes similarly equipped as Your man machine.. to avoid unforeseen issues, have the flexibility or simply be able to switch to other machine and use it is as Your main workstation.
glimpse
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to General Discussion