Simple commandline for rendering in Octane?

Forums: Simple commandline for rendering in Octane?
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Simple commandline for rendering in Octane?

Postby BCres » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:07 pm

BCres Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:07 pm
I have three .orbx projects set up and ready for rendering in Octane 4. Is there a simple commandline to load these one-by-one and render them (without a gui) then move onto the next when finished?

I have tried:

"C:\Program Files\OTOY\OctaneRender 4.00 RC7\octane.exe" --no-gui -e -o "PATH TO FILE.orbx"
"C:\Program Files\OTOY\OctaneRender 4.00 RC7\octane.exe" --no-gui -e -o "PATH TO 2nd FILE.orbx"

But all this does is open the program and not render anything.

I know commandline is not really supported anymore, but the lua scripting seems overly complicated to just run a couple of projects back to back.

BTW, I'm really impressed with Octane 4 and the denoiser. It helps tremendously on motion blur among other things. Also, I'm using the standalone because rendering with the C4D commandline requires I add a file name so I get both the Beauty and DeMain beauty (and I only want the second.) Plus it runs incredibly fast compared to C4D's render.

Any help would be appreciated. Othwerwise I'll just do them one at a time. Thanks.
BCres
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Simple commandline for rendering in Octane?

Postby BCres » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:58 pm

BCres Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:58 pm
So I figured out how to get it to run the program and open the batch render with all of the settings I had already input.

I just need to know how to modify the inbuilt Batch render lua script to automatically click the start button. (I have already made a copy of it I can modify.
BCres
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rrbarb » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:15 pm

rrbarb Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:15 pm
You need a trigger that addresses the renderTarget. Can be done with a very small Lua. Then add to use that in command line. --script
./rrb
rrbarb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BCres » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:32 am

BCres Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:32 am
Thanks, rrbarb, that's the part I couldn't figure out last night. what that little lua script should say. I did have the --script switch in my commandline, but I could never figure out the proper render target name. It kept throwing up errors when it would execute.

I have to move onto my projects but I'll get back to this next week. Thanks, again.
BCres
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rrbarb » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:42 am

rrbarb Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:42 am
BCres wrote:Thanks, rrbarb, that's the part I couldn't figure out last night. what that little lua script should say. I did have the --script switch in my commandline, but I could never figure out the proper render target name. It kept throwing up errors when it would execute.

I have to move onto my projects but I'll get back to this next week. Thanks, again.

I will PM you the details in the morning
./rrb
rrbarb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BCres » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:54 am

BCres Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:54 am
Thank you, rrbarb. That's much more than I expected.
BCres
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rrbarb » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:49 pm

rrbarb Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:49 pm
Depending on what you need to do, you can include lua scripts into the commandline with --script D:\myScripts\ascript.lua an then if needed inject variables to that using -a

Or if you prefer, you can skip the script and just call the "render target" in the commandline with -t "Render target" Where the name of the Render target as it is seen in standalone
is quoted for use. I think this is more what you are after- at least at this point.

./rrb
rrbarb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby protovu » Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:19 am

protovu Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:19 am
I know this is an ooooold post, but I have recently discovered Loom which is very handy commandline render through their batch queue. I use Blender/Octane.
protovu
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:25 am

bepeg4d Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:25 am
protovu wrote:I know this is an ooooold post, but I have recently discovered Loom which is very handy commandline render through their batch queue. I use Blender/Octane.

Hi,
have a look at here:
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=70855#p403251

ciao,
Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Return to General Discussion