Octane Standalone - Search for parameter

Forums: Octane Standalone - Search for parameter
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Octane Standalone - Search for parameter

Postby mvijfwinkel » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:48 am

mvijfwinkel Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:48 am
As a new user of Octane Standalone I find it very hard/slow to find certain parameters. I know what I want to do, I also know what it is called, but it takes me 5 minutes of scrolling to find the right parameter.

For example I am working in an existing file, and want to make the background transparent. I have to scroll and look through literally 160(!) parameters and scan for the right one (this is excluding parameters hidden in a foldout!)

It would be super helpful if I could do a simple text search on (for example) "alpha" or "background" and all parameters containing this text were highlighted (with a marker in the scrollbar area too, like in code editors).

mvijfwinkel
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane Standalone - Search for parameter

Postby elsksa » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:16 pm

elsksa Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:16 pm
Hi mvijfwinkel,

Although not a lot of software do offer the option and while I've seen it in Blender 3.0 (I believe), it is a great suggestion. However, with time, an user will get familiar due to "muscle memory".

Some of the time, I change the same parameter/option (for testing purposes and whatnot). I've attached below a tip/workaround that you may find useful.
phnviSdnr5_elsksa.gif

PS: click on the gif as it may not playback automatically on the forum.
elsksa
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to General Discussion