Camera OR tag error while render infochannels

Forums: Camera OR tag error while render infochannels
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Camera OR tag error while render infochannels

Postby totemstudio3d » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:45 pm

totemstudio3d Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:45 pm
I ran through another set of the various issues I'm having lately in the middle of tight deadline (when it isn't when you're a freelance?.

I always go over sudden OR crashes, freezes, material links crashes with no explanation, which droves me to just trying to tick/un-tick settings boxes that may have seem to fix some of the issues at some point.

However today I had a repeated error I had once before: I'm trying to render the same scene I've been successfully rendering tests for the past 5 days and today it simply doesn't work. I haven't change any of the render settings, because they where actually working; the changes on the scene: key frames, timing, animation stuff. However the render was reluctant to do its job: Rendering 170 frames of info channel mask pass. No big deal for a 24GB RTX GPU card right? (just in case it is considered the main issue). Now the original scene is so ridiculous simple and basic that makes it even more frustrating, I've managed to render massive fully animated scenes, with lots of geometry without issues, but this...!?

So I made my last attempt to solve the issue, putting the camera and just one of the objects into a brand new scene; The culprit: the camera octane render tag, after replace the camera with a brand new one with the brand new camera tag it finally worked, that simple.

Through that hour I've replaced everything from the assets, to lights, to materials and eventually I replaced the camera and it finally worked, doh!

Still I'm curious to understand what went wrong, what did I did to make it happen and how can I prevent to happen again. I've saved the test file with both cameras, the erratic one and the new one I created to see if someone can figure out what is the issue and avoid at all costs to repeat any of sort of settings combination that gives this frustrating ridiculous error.

Thanks
Attachments
Cam error file.rar
(70.97 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
totemstudio3d
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Camera OR tag error while render infochannels

Postby aoktar » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:41 pm

aoktar Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:41 pm
I'll check it, but next time please post in to relevant C4D section. Also now make a proper bugreport as described in the picture. You should have enough crash logs if you have crashes.
Attachments
crash_report.jpg
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: Camera OR tag error while render infochannels

Postby totemstudio3d » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:16 pm

totemstudio3d Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:16 pm
Thank you Aoktar,

Sorry that this discussion wasn't at the right place, I've tried to find the right one but to be honest this forum is always confusing to me and I hardly find the right place to post this sort of issues.

Although this particular problem wasn't a crash at all, the camera just didn't worked properly when hit the RendertoPictureViewer after open the file I've been working on. The file that I actually did attached is the one containing the erratic camera compared with the new camera that actually works, that is the only proof of the issue I've found. I never had that particular issue before but though it was convenient to share it here in case someone else ran through the same problem.

In another issue I previously had, you also gave me the instructions to report a bug, I have those settings already activated in my computer. I even have, probably from you, a solution to some crashes I used to have while connecting/disconnecting the materials node, in particular with the Mix Material, but desspite the ticked/un-ticked boxes that hardly solved it, I've found a workaround and avoid at all costs to make that sort of node connection, or just make sure to save before connect/disconnect those nodes.

Hope you have the chance to check that attached file above and find what could be the cause of the camera tag issue.

Thanks
totemstudio3d
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to General Discussion