letting octane sub lapse and other software

Forums: letting octane sub lapse and other software
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

letting octane sub lapse and other software

Postby crackfox » Thu May 13, 2021 1:12 pm

crackfox Thu May 13, 2021 1:12 pm
i really gave it a fair go over the yeara but 99% sure i will be letting my octane subscription lapse in august. there is no way to justify the cost, since i cant use it without constant problems.
i have been a pest on these forums because of this all for long enough.

few question:

- how do i best go on about this? any settings i need to do in the account section? i really dont want to have my contract automatically extended.
- i understood that after the sub lapses i will be able to use ember fx permanently, is this correct?
- i presume sculptron definitely cant be used outside of sub, what about world creator?

this is from the licensing view info page:
License expiry: This is the date at which your licenses will expire if we are unable to charge you for the next month.
End of current payment period: This is the date at which we will attempt to charge you for the next month.

i certainly dont want any attempts at charging me, let me make that clear.
crackfox
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: letting octane sub lapse and other software

Postby bepeg4d » Mon May 17, 2021 7:23 am

bepeg4d Mon May 17, 2021 7:23 am
Hi,
since you should own an annual subscription, it should not be automatically renewed after expiration, only monthly subscriptions are automatically renewed each month.
Anyway to cancel a subscription, please, follow the instructions at the following link:
Managing Octane Studio Subscriptions
Basically you need to visit your personal Octanelive subscription page:
https://render.otoy.com/account/subscriptions.php
Then click on the View Info button, and finally click on the Cancel Subscription button:

About extra software packages included with subscription, they should stop to work after subscription has expired, since you are using them with your Otoy credentials.

Happy GPU rendering,
ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Return to General Discussion