Setting Master as Default Gateway for Slave?

Forums: Setting Master as Default Gateway for Slave?
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Setting Master as Default Gateway for Slave?

Postby helloimneil » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:06 pm

helloimneil Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:06 pm
Hello,

Currently receiving support for my network rendering related issue with Beppe. However, due to the significant difference in our time zones, I've been trying to troubleshoot my issues wherever I can. I've found great support via the Octane Render Facebook group.

Here's a link to the comment thread for reference: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OctaneR ... up_comment

Basically, the short version is this: had network rendering setup at my old apartment and it worked fine. Moved last week and network rendering has not been working as I've come to expect. In tracking down the issue, it seemed that my particular configuration wasn't ideal, and that that's what's been causing the issue. Per the instructions and guidance of a kind soul named Daniel Ramos (via Facebook group), he's led me on a path that seems like it will very likely work involving using an Ethernet Switch. With the switch, both computers are receiving an internet signal.

It's his last bit of instruction that I'm unable to figure out on my own.

How do I set the Master as the default gateway for the Slave?

When I open the network rendering menu via the Liveviewer, the slave never appears as available. I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong or missing but any insights someone could lend me regarding this would be extremely appreciated.
helloimneil
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Setting Master as Default Gateway for Slave?

Postby helloimneil » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:55 am

helloimneil Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:55 am
I've resolved the issue I was having!!!!! So happy :-)
helloimneil
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to General Discussion