Slave keeps un-authenticating, offline is Y?

Forums: Slave keeps un-authenticating, offline is Y?
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Slave keeps un-authenticating, offline is Y?

Postby sbstnc » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:55 pm

sbstnc Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:55 pm
Hi,

I use a slave with 4x GPUs in it. Recently I've noticed that the authentication on the slave keeps getting lost. I don't work on this machine so I really only notice when there is a performance drop or my netrender in the C4D picture viewer shows red slaves instead of green. So I flip over to that PC and the Daemon is sitting there saying "Otoy Username:". I said Y to offline licensing on this machine.

I can update but I'm in the middle of a big set of renders and an update always worries me.
The question here is why does the slave suddenly keep losing authentication? I don't think this was an issue a few months ago and I've been using the same version for a while now.

I'm also getting a lot of errors with memory, I am trying to render a scene that takes 7gb of VRAM. On one machine I have 1080Tis which is fine, on another I have 1070s but 4gb out of core activated in the slave. The slave crashs out saying insufficient memory, but 8gb on the 1070 + 4 OOC should be fine?

Thanks
sbstnc
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Slave keeps un-authenticating, offline is Y?

Postby bepeg4d » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:32 am

bepeg4d Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:32 am
Hi,
Offline mode has been disabled in 3.08, so you need to go back to 3.07, or remove the Offline option on your machines.
About the issues with stability and Out-of-core, in this case, better to update to v3.08.5:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=69127
Do you have enough free RAM on the Slave to support Out-of-core?
ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby sbstnc » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:43 am

sbstnc Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:43 am
I thought this did not apply to the Daemon.
I can't keep checking it every few hours to see if it's decided to un-auth itself.
Why is offline disabled? Are you worried about piracy? Surely having offline enabled on the daemon is not a big deal.
Can you put remote authorisation in the net render dialog box then so we can authorise from the master? Sorry if that's a silly question... but to me it doesn't make sense to have to keep checking all the slaves every time there is a crash or I cancel a render.
sbstnc
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mojave » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:48 pm

mojave Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:48 pm
We are working on getting offline mode brought back, it will be ready as soon as we are done with our internal tests, it will be available for both v3 and v4. As Beppe said if you require this feature for your daily work we recommend to stick to 3.07, apologies for the inconveniences.

The session may be lost for a couple of reasons, for instance if Octane cannot access the server or if it hasn't started a session for quite a while, so it's hard to tell without some extra information. I can investigate your case if you need, please drop me a PM and I'll let you know what to do.
mojave
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby sbstnc » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:20 am

sbstnc Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:20 am
I have a flaky internet connection, until I can organise a better one. It's just incredibly frustrating to have render power drop off all the time because of poor internet. Heaven forbid my internet goes out altogether. 3.07 is extremely old now, we've been through a lot of point versions of 3.08 and I would have hoped this would come back in. At least give the daemon the ability to save a user/pass, this would prevent illegal copies but I wouldn't have to check it/ type it manually all the time. Possible?
sbstnc
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mojave » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:41 pm

mojave Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:41 pm
Please PM me and I'll forward you more instructions if you want us to investigate your particular issue.
mojave
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to General Discussion