Floating Shortcut search

Forums: Floating Shortcut search
Sub forum for feature requests etc

Moderator: aoktar

Floating Shortcut search

Postby mikeadamwood » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:01 pm

mikeadamwood Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:01 pm
I know there's a search bar at the top would be good to implement a floating searchbar that when a specific shortcut (user defined) in the node editor you get a search function to search for nodes and press enter to drop it down, just like how shift c works in native cinema4d.

It's just a really fast workflow in substance designer and would love to see it implemented in octane node graph rather than having to dig through the node menus.

I'm no coder but I can't imagine this would be a huge hassle to implement?
Windows 10 | ASUS Pro WS X99 SAGE II | Intel Core i9-10900X | 64GB Corsair Vengence | 3x Evga GTX 1080ti
mikeadamwood
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Floating Shortcut search

Postby stoecklem » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:24 pm

stoecklem Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:24 pm
Hi,

This feature would be a very nice addition and I miss this from other software. It saves a lot of time to be able to just press tab/etc and be able to start typing and filter out the nodes.. then be able to arrow key down if necessary and press enter and the node would be added where the mouse is. Ideally someday we could get node groups to create and then be able to add from here as well similar to other software.

Thanks so much for all your amazing and consistent work with improvements. (I just upgraded from 4.. I felt like it was time even though I really really need a new computer)
stoecklem
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to User requests