Render multiple frames simultaneously

Forums: Render multiple frames simultaneously
Sub forum for feature requests etc

Moderator: aoktar

Render multiple frames simultaneously

Postby khdownes » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:41 pm

khdownes Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:41 pm
Hey, so I've been building out my workstation with more GPUs, and learning how to optimize octane renders more and more, to the point where often I'll be rendering out some simple elements, and they'll be rendering in about 1-2 seconds per frame.

But then I'm sometimes running into a bit of a bottleneck where the in-between frame load times are 6 or 7 seconds (if I'm using animated displacement maps, or a cloner or fracture object with lots of moving geo, so octane has to resend all geometry data every frame).
So I'm getting situations where, if I'm rendering say 600 frames, it should be taking maybe 10 minutes (at 1s per frame render time), but instead it's taking over an hour because of the frame load times.

I'm just wondering if would be possible to have some sort of "render multiple frames simultaneously" options, where C4D sends a different frame to each GPU, to eliminate the situation where you have everything stopping for 5-6 seconds between rendering while it loads every gpu with the same frame?
khdownes
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Render multiple frames simultaneously

Postby aoktar » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:10 am

aoktar Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:10 am
It's not possible sorry. You can try to run a few C4D together and render out the different frames at same time. Btw geometry processing is done by core and slow. Guys will take a look for improving this part in renderer core.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to User requests