More Light Visibility Options

Forums: More Light Visibility Options
Sub forum for feature requests etc

Moderator: aoktar

More Light Visibility Options

Postby Tag12345 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:46 am

Tag12345 Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:46 am
Just posting when I notice things.

But I think the Light Tag could use more options for visibility rather than just the opacity, global visibility and the off switches for light shadowing.

Im mainly talking about reflections and being able to turn off reflections of these lights. I noticed that the lights act strange when they dont have opacity on. Instead of opacity being a slider to very how you want the VISIBLE light to work, it functions for both visible lights and Non - visible by the camera.

This is an issue.

As far as I can see, theres no way to have your light be 'invisible' (therefore no light reflections) and also produce the same effect as if it wernt (as far as light mechanics).

This is a test, with General Visibility 100% -- Camera Visibility off, Opacity 100%

This is with those same setting and Opacity at 0%, i think Opacity should be linked to the light itself, either that or just add in an option to turn off lights in reflections

As always, Im still fairly new to everything Octane has to offer, and only come here when I cant find out how something may be done, so I may be missing something if theres another way around this. Thanks Aoktar
Tag12345
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: More Light Visibility Options

Postby milanm » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:30 am

milanm Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:30 am
Tag12345 wrote:Just posting when I notice things...

I don't want to sound rude but please don't do that. Search the forum first to see if others already did and see if they got their answers. It's disrespectful to others, it's a waste of time and only creates confusion for you and everyone else. If you're not getting enough results using forum search try using "site:https://render.otoy.com/forum something" in Google (without quotes ofc.). It's pointless to request this here and you will accomplish nothing this way. Why? It's explained a million times already. It's a Octane core feature and there's nothing plugin devs. can do about it. ;) You can see all possible Octane core features in the standalone app. If you find something that you can do in Standalone but you couldn't do in the plugin, only then it would make sense to request it in the plugin forum.

Regards
Milan
Colorist / VFX artist / Motion Designer
macOS - Windows 7 - Cinema 4D R19.068 - GTX1070TI - GTX780
milanm
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: More Light Visibility Options

Postby Tag12345 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:16 pm

Tag12345 Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:16 pm
I was inferring that readers understood that Ive done the research...Im not Arrogant, nor stupid.

Thanks~

Next time, dont assume. You end up looking stupid.

Even if its not in standalone, plugin devs can still let others and myself know if its something worth looking into, not that it needs to be added, or even a work around.
Tag12345
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to User requests