******* Wishlist and feedback topic ********

Forums: ******* Wishlist and feedback topic ********
Sub forum for feature requests etc

Moderator: aoktar

Re: ******* Wishlist and feedback topic ********

Postby LOVEXMEDIA » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:43 am

LOVEXMEDIA Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:43 am
bepeg4d wrote:Hi LOVEXMEDIA,
have you tried with one of the latest c4doctane versions?
96A16B4F-27D1-47FE-9881-387C67B59A63.jpeg

ciao Beppe

Hello to you Bepeg4D

I have tried using the already implemented grouping feature but it doesn't really give you any control to do anything other than to group and ungroup. You can't add any new inputs or outputs. Nor can you really use it with a large number of nodes because the time it would take to find and change one of the settings deep in the node tree would be slower than if you didn't group them in the first place. Again I am sure the Octane for Cinema4D node system being updated to be more inline with the native Cinema4D node system, I was really wondering if there is a chance that those implementations at least as far as a viable grouping system not unlike how Blender operates with their system or even in the native Cinema4D one. I love Octane ever since I stumbled across it in 2016 and I know you all are kicking ass when it comes to tweaking and refining the user experience for the better. I really was curious for my own sake you know.
LoveyDov3
https://www.instagram.com/lvydov3/
i9-10940x [Custom Loop] • 96GB RAM • 2× NVLinkRTX 3090 FE
LOVEXMEDIA
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:48 pm

aoktar Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:48 pm
LOVEXMEDIA wrote:
bepeg4d wrote:Hi LOVEXMEDIA,
have you tried with one of the latest c4doctane versions?
96A16B4F-27D1-47FE-9881-387C67B59A63.jpeg

ciao Beppe

Hello to you Bepeg4D

I have tried using the already implemented grouping feature but it doesn't really give you any control to do anything other than to group and ungroup. You can't add any new inputs or outputs. Nor can you really use it with a large number of nodes because the time it would take to find and change one of the settings deep in the node tree would be slower than if you didn't group them in the first place. Again I am sure the Octane for Cinema4D node system being updated to be more inline with the native Cinema4D node system, I was really wondering if there is a chance that those implementations at least as far as a viable grouping system not unlike how Blender operates with their system or even in the native Cinema4D one. I love Octane ever since I stumbled across it in 2016 and I know you all are kicking ass when it comes to tweaking and refining the user experience for the better. I really was curious for my own sake you know.

Base structures are implemented for grouping. It was most important step. Later it will be improved with extra features. Btw I don't consider to add mason's node editor support for a short period. Because it's pretty complex and very long task.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby LOVEXMEDIA » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:42 am

LOVEXMEDIA Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:42 am
I trust all is well with the team!

I am curious to know if it is at all possible to have the connecting wires in the node editor to be behind the actual nodes. It seems to be the main source of my clutter when building out node trees. Is it possible to remedy this on my own or is it even something on the radar?!

Any help would be appreciated greatly!!

V/R

Jerome
LoveyDov3
https://www.instagram.com/lvydov3/
i9-10940x [Custom Loop] • 96GB RAM • 2× NVLinkRTX 3090 FE
LOVEXMEDIA
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby xplorer » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:58 am

xplorer Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:58 am
Hello !
Please, i’d like to ask you if you could really add to octane scatter the “random” function of mograph, so it can work even without mograph, please, please ….
It’s all I’d need in the studio version of C4D which would require 2000 euros to update from my prime version which doesn’t feature mograph, all just for a randomizer that you externalize ….
I don’t understand why octane didn’t manage to have its own randomizer ( what about the standalone version ? ) .
Beppe just told me that since yesterday it is featured in the standalone version, which is great ! Could it be possible to implement this into C4D as well ? Thank you !! i wanted this since sooo long.
xplorer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:01 pm

aoktar Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:01 pm
xplorer wrote:Hello !
Please, i’d like to ask you if you could really add to octane scatter the “random” function of mograph, so it can work even without mograph, please, please ….
It’s all I’d need in the studio version of C4D which would require 2000 euros to update from my prime version which doesn’t feature mograph, all just for a randomizer that you externalize ….
I don’t understand why octane didn’t manage to have its own randomizer ( what about the standalone version ? ) .
Beppe just told me that since yesterday it is featured in the standalone version, which is great ! Could it be possible to implement this into C4D as well ? Thank you !! i wanted this since sooo long.

Please be fair, C4D plugin's scatter object is a few years old. Standalone's scatter has been inspired from plugins and added recently. It shouldn't be a duty after writing a big feature. You can use translate/scale/rotation slots to randomize clones
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby xplorer » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:14 pm

xplorer Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:14 pm
aoktar wrote:
xplorer wrote:Hello !

Please be fair, C4D plugin's scatter object is a few years old. Standalone's scatter has been inspired from plugins and added recently. It shouldn't be a duty after writing a big feature. You can use translate/scale/rotation slots to randomize clones

i'm sorry, this wasn't a criticism at all ! this is a misinterpretation probably due to my way to put things in english, ( and the fact that i didn't edit this question i first asked to beppe, which i copy pasted here, and he recommended to ask my wish here as well ) it's only a strong wish, since the beginning. Octane scatter is absolutely fantastic and it answers all the scattering features and number of instances i desired for years, but i'm only missing this part, in the C4D version of octane ( which relys on mograph, which i don't have and can't afford ) so it's complete. Please consider implementing it in the C4D version as well .. so it can randomize the rotation, scale, position, without needing mograph random tag. I hope my request was more clear than the first time.
the new scatter features in the standalone version is great news, and it's a coincidence that it occured just when i wrote about it to beppe, telling me that it just arrived ! please please consider implementing these standalone features into the C4D octane version as well. Thanks very much.
xplorer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby speltrong » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:50 pm

speltrong Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:50 pm
New Substance workflow, please.

Right now the best I can find is to import an SBSAR into the Substance Manager in C4D, and then have it build a standard C4D material, and then convert the material to Octane, and then convert the material type to Universal, and then painstakingly go through and duplicate and hook up all the the needed nodes, pick channels, delete the material layer nodes (don't understand why they are there), and then finally start to customize the material. It usually takes about 10-20 minutes per material, which isn't great for trying to quickly audition different SBSARs.

What I'd love is a one or two click solution where I can just directly import one or several SBSARs and have the plugin hook up all the nodes to a Universal Material (which is perfect for this), or have it be aware of the Substance Manager and pull directly from there to generate clean Octane Universal materials. See attached for proposed UI.

Thanks!
Attachments
Proposed SBSAR Workflow.png
speltrong
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby snahbah » Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:35 pm

snahbah Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:35 pm
I would love to navigate the IPR with 1,2,3 number pad keys, like you can I the node editor. I know you can use the alt key + mouse buttons, but my hand is always over the keypad, and I'm used to working like this.

This is a very small thing but is this possible?
snahbah
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby burning01 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:59 pm

burning01 Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:59 pm
Please finish implementing the mesh uv selection on the projection node
So that we can select other uv sets from within the node graph

Currently selection does not work

Thank you.
burning01
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby MicLarc87 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:17 am

MicLarc87 Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:17 am
Hi everybody. Why photon depth in photonT kernel is limited to 16 into the plugin for cinema4d while it's limited to 256 into standalone version? It's possible to have same limit like diffuse, specular and scatter (1024)? And a speedup in reflection/refraction rendering sample?
MicLarc87
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to User requests