******* Wishlist and feedback topic ********

Forums: ******* Wishlist and feedback topic ********
Sub forum for feature requests etc

Moderator: aoktar

Re: ******* Wishlist and feedback topic ********

Postby PiotrAdamczyk » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:28 pm

PiotrAdamczyk Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:28 pm
Thanks for amazing work on C4D plugin, as for my wish:

It would be great to be able to grab a live viewer animation to picture viewer or some other place for quick real-time playback.

When i have cached simulations on objects and hit the timeline play button it updates super fast in live viewer, but when i render it to picture viewer with very low settings it updates the scene frame by frame waaaaaaay slower no matter what settings i choose.

I remember there was a preview option many releases before but i could not find it anywhere now. It was a great feature, having an option to let the samples run even 2 seconds every frame would create super fast and usefull previews.
PiotrAdamczyk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:26 pm

aoktar Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:26 pm
PiotrAdamczyk wrote:Thanks for amazing work on C4D plugin, as for my wish:

It would be great to be able to grab a live viewer animation to picture viewer or some other place for quick real-time playback.

When i have cached simulations on objects and hit the timeline play button it updates super fast in live viewer, but when i render it to picture viewer with very low settings it updates the scene frame by frame waaaaaaay slower no matter what settings i choose.

I remember there was a preview option many releases before but i could not find it anywhere now. It was a great feature, having an option to let the samples run even 2 seconds every frame would create super fast and usefull previews.

Could you share your scene with me? Exactly you could get same preparation times if you define geometries identical for Editor and Render modes.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby HTK421 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:53 pm

HTK421 Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:53 pm
Not a bug, but just reporting this so you can tidy it up.
The "OSL Texture" node is identical to "add.osl" node
HTK421
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby LOVEXMEDIA » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:04 pm

LOVEXMEDIA Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:04 pm
Random question related to new revisions in 2020. I was told via the OTOY Twitter page that their are plans to integrate into Cinema4D's native node system. My question is, seeing that come to pass, will you all be adding a "dummy" node? A node that helps route all the spaghetti that can happen when working with big shader setups? I figured the ability to turn on and off nodes was an attempt at it, I use the invert and just scale it down but if their was a node that just was plug and play that would be awesome!
LoveyDov3
https://www.instagram.com/lvydov3/
i9-10940x [Custom Loop] • 96GB RAM • 2× NVLinkRTX 3090 FE
LOVEXMEDIA
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby pgatsky » Tue May 12, 2020 4:41 pm

pgatsky Tue May 12, 2020 4:41 pm
I havent been using Octane for that long but am finding all sorts that the native and physical does much better. Octane kicks butt though when it come to feedback and just getting great results quickly so I wont be changing it for anything else just yet.

My biggest ask though has to be adding the addition of some sort of compositing tag and in particularly the ability to exclude/include certain objects or lights etc. This would make the package almost perfect. Ive tried using OSL textures but the problem with that is it then affects the whole object against everything in the scene. Unless of course i'm wrong?

Any plans to develop something like the comp tag aoktar?

PG
pgatsky
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby boar666 » Wed May 27, 2020 2:41 pm

boar666 Wed May 27, 2020 2:41 pm
Hey, idk if this request is on right now, cause there is so much text going on. But i think it's a fairly simple request.

Can you make an assignable shortcut for "Check camera"? or make a dedicated button to it in the interface? a lot of us are like to fly around the scene but see a render through camera, but it's so exhausting to go to menu "check camera" chekbox.... shortcut or a button which you can put into a custom interface or even better for it to be on a live viewer directly would be such a relief !

oh, and one more, what's going on with this little zoom window? why don't you make a normal zooming (by wheel) the whole canvas (when resolution lock on) like arnold\redshift does?

what do you think?
boar666
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Zijian » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:23 am

Zijian Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:23 am
Hi, I noticed that sometime after I update into using OC 2020.xx for C4D, I can nolonger get alpha channel when sending pictures from live viewer to picture viewer. Before when I'm using earlier versions like 2019, I am sure I can just send picture from live viewer to picture viewer and still retain alpha channels. But now all I get is the grey checker image instead of true alpha channels. This is kind of a bummer since previously I can just send pics from LV and use it, but now I have to render it to picture viewer. Is there any hope that it can change back to before where I can get alpha channel with the "send to picture viewer" option?

Thanks!
Zijian
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:05 pm

aoktar Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:05 pm
Zijian wrote:Hi, I noticed that sometime after I update into using OC 2020.xx for C4D, I can nolonger get alpha channel when sending pictures from live viewer to picture viewer. Before when I'm using earlier versions like 2019, I am sure I can just send picture from live viewer to picture viewer and still retain alpha channels. But now all I get is the grey checker image instead of true alpha channels. This is kind of a bummer since previously I can just send pics from LV and use it, but now I have to render it to picture viewer. Is there any hope that it can change back to before where I can get alpha channel with the "send to picture viewer" option?

Thanks!

You'll get alpha channel with next build
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby LOVEXMEDIA » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:31 am

LOVEXMEDIA Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:31 am
Hello all! I trust everyone is as safe and well as you can be!

I wanted to follow up and see if there is a road map for the Octane Node editor rework or rather the addition of more features that will give greater custom node support outside of the OSL workflow. Like grouping nodes similar to how Blender does it. Not sure how high on the list of to-dos it is but I know at least for myself and I'm sure others once it is implemented, am really looking forward to having a node for every such occasion.

Example: I would to have a "default" meterial like a clay or plastic that I could apply and be able to change all the setting from one page or node instead of clicking around and looking for everything.

Or even change a couple settings like have a few transform nodes or projection nodes.

I am excited for what you have in store Aoktar!
LoveyDov3
https://www.instagram.com/lvydov3/
i9-10940x [Custom Loop] • 96GB RAM • 2× NVLinkRTX 3090 FE
LOVEXMEDIA
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:46 am

bepeg4d Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:46 am
Hi LOVEXMEDIA,
have you tried with one of the latest c4doctane versions?
96A16B4F-27D1-47FE-9881-387C67B59A63.jpeg

ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

PreviousNext

Return to User requests