******* Wishlist and feedback topic ********

Forums: ******* Wishlist and feedback topic ********
Sub forum for feature requests etc

Moderator: aoktar

Re: ******* Wishlist and feedback topic ********

Postby Rudi » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:44 pm

Rudi Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:44 pm
Hello aoktar,

if you could say please what to whether it is feasible. to integrate the physical sky properly?
Thus with clouds, vulometric clouds, the right star sky, moon etc....

Normalizer functions. FOR IT A PROPERLY FAT THANKS. :o :D But i need, like the Bump, more Power. The Effect it is to tiny.
Why I cannot put as well, how with C4D only.

Greetings Rudi
Last edited by Rudi on Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rudi
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby shawnfrueh » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:55 pm

shawnfrueh Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:55 pm
Hey Aoktar, here is my list. Some of them have already been mentioned.

Live Viewer:
- Having an editable checkerboard background in the live viewer similar standalone. Editable would be something new.
- A check-box to keep the render information in the live viewer instead of disappearing after the samples have finished.
- A send-to-picture viewer option from the live-viewer
- The copy to videopost function should also enable the material override or have a second option to do that.
- The Live viewer window does not allow another window to be docked on its sides or bottom, only the top.
- Is it possible to have the Octane dialog to not scale vertically, this is only an issue if you are constantly re-sizing the live-viewer.

Lighting:
- The HDRI in the Octane sky object should have the option to rotate with the object itself. I have a working version of this that requires a little bit of python.

Materials:
- The Rounded Edges slider should not be in the left channel column but on the right like all of the other channels. (It uses unnecessary space and does not allow for enable/disable)
- Unused channels should not be enabled in the materials exactly to how you have displacement.
- Have a check box to Enable/Disable a material from rendering preview (For large material sets it can take over an hour to just get the previews.)
- Be able to specify a materials color for the MatID.
- Same thing for object ID (It still only shows red for me)

Other:
- The subdivision sharpness should be able to read the subdivision weight tag, I know this is a feature in OpenSubdiv and is something that should be brought to attention over at Otoy.
- A lot of people have already talked about displacement (Edge breaking, stepping)
- Material ID in reflections would be awesome!

Overall the plugin has come a long way and I'm excited to see what comes next. Great work Aoktar!

Edit: I forgot about Voxel rendering and turbulence! This would be a game changer, but I am guessing is something that will have to be implemented in standalone first.
shawnfrueh
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:21 pm

aoktar Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:21 pm
Rudi wrote:Hello aoktar,

if you could say please what to whether it is feasible. to integrate the physical sky properly?
Thus with clouds, vulometric clouds, the right star sky, moon etc....

Normalizer functions. FOR IT A PROPERLY FAT THANKS. :o :D But i need, like the Bump, more Power. The Effect it is to tiny.
Why I cannot put as well, how with C4D only.

Greetings Rudi

Hi, i think that you meaning clouds, atmosphere, fog, rainbow, etc..
My personal opinion that most of them is not realistic. Ofcourse that's mine. In different angle, i don't think to make a baking operation will give good results. What's that your exactly reason to want this?

Second, what's the normalizer functions?
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby aoktar » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:31 pm

aoktar Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:31 pm
shawnfrueh wrote:Hey Aoktar, here is my list. Some of them have already been mentioned.
Overall the plugin has come a long way and I'm excited to see what comes next. Great work Aoktar!
Edit: I forgot about Voxel rendering and turbulence! This would be a game changer, but I am guessing is something that will have to be implemented in standalone first.

thanks, i wish that could be much better in future.

- A send-to-picture viewer option from the live-viewer:

is not possible i think. But i'm thinking add some functionality there similar A/B matching and storing some images

- Having an editable checkerboard background in the live viewer similar standalone. Editable would be something new.
- A check-box to keep the render information in the live viewer instead of disappearing after the samples have finished.

Ok, noted.

- The copy to videopost function should also enable the material override or have a second option to do that.

can't understand

- The Live viewer window does not allow another window to be docked on its sides or bottom, only the top.
- Is it possible to have the Octane dialog to not scale vertically, this is only an issue if you are constantly re-sizing the live-viewer.

currently it needs some revisions, not so easy. I'll note it.

Lighting:
- The HDRI in the Octane sky object should have the option to rotate with the object itself. I have a working version of this that requires a little bit of python.

Materials:
- The Rounded Edges slider should not be in the left channel column but on the right like all of the other channels. (It uses unnecessary space and does not allow for enable/disable)
- Unused channels should not be enabled in the materials exactly to how you have displacement.
- Have a check box to Enable/Disable a material from rendering preview (For large material sets it can take over an hour to just get the previews.)
- Be able to specify a materials color for the MatID.
- Same thing for object ID (It still only shows red for me)

i'll check these also. specifying colors, that is not possible in Octane Core ATM. I'll look these what we can do in future.

Other:
- The subdivision sharpness should be able to read the subdivision weight tag, I know this is a feature in OpenSubdiv and is something that should be brought to attention over at Otoy.
- A lot of people have already talked about displacement (Edge breaking, stepping)
- Material ID in reflections would be awesome!

first, may be a big implementation. Others are a Octane Core problem. I'll transfer to Octane team.

aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby aoktar » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:36 pm

aoktar Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:36 pm
Rudi wrote:Hi Aoktar

1) Displacment must be adjustable much more finely.

2) For the Bump channel please, please also such a setting, how in the Displacement channel for Noise. See pictures if I can express myself not properly. What i mean is the amount.

Bump.jpg

Displacament.jpg

3) And would be it possible that in the Displacement the edges on the old height remain, like bump channel?

4) In the Bump channel is to be got out so little, of forming and Shadern. If it is not possible there as well as to get right depressions and furrows in the Displacement, when only the indication.

5) And would be it possible that in the Displacement the edges on the old height remain?

Treppen.jpg

6) In the Displacement these ugly stairs are still to be seen. Nevertheless, this is fine one more bug or is not better this? I have put everywhere the highest resolution.

Greetings Rudi

displacement needs some improvements, but it should be done by Octane Core.
For bump power for native shaders, there is no control or node in Octane.
for edges in displacement, you couldn't expect miracles. It should be done by user...

aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby aoktar » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:38 pm

aoktar Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:38 pm
blastframe wrote:I would like to be able to choose from the HSV Color Sliders by default in the entire C4DOctane interface (instead of RGB).

Thank you.

it's possible. But not simple task.

aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby aoktar » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:39 pm

aoktar Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:39 pm
R_Flash wrote:
aoktar wrote:Hi guys,
2.01 has unlimited textures(as it fits to VRAM)...
Thanks,
Ahmet

This is great,but I mean using RAM memory for mesh not for textres, of course if it possible. Sometimes in big exterior projects with many hi-poly objects, scene not rendered because not enough VRAM. Not everyone can afford TITANS :(

Thanks for great plugin, Ahmet.

This is a Octane Core implementation. May be in road, i have not much info.

aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby blastframe » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:19 am

blastframe Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:19 am
If it's not possible already, it would be great to be able to navigate the Octane LiveViewer Camera in Object Mode when Object Mode is enabled in the Cinema 4D camera. Thank you!
blastframe
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby blastframe » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:19 am

blastframe Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:19 am
It would be helpful to allow for MixTexture/Multiply nodes in the Displacement node. Then we could damage the edges of our models with a Dirt map. :D
blastframe
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby momade » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:53 pm

momade Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:53 pm
first of all octane c4d works absolutely perfect so far. thanks a lot!

yet, some wishes remain:

+1: c4d compositing tag options if possible; seen by reflection, seen by certain lights etc.

vray-like relective-, refractive-, gi- and visible environment would be great!

multicore 'c4d-shader to texture' and only rerendering changed shaders istead of rerendering all, the unchanged shaders could stay stored temporarily somewhere. maybe an option to bake all used c4d shaders to texture into tex-folder and replace the according slots with the baked texture. becauese the c4d-shader to texture funktion is soooooo slow!

mograph-shaders, filter, layer all these great c4d-inventions whithout c4d-to shader?

+1: lens flare would be amazing, yes!

applying noises in all spaces: local, object, world and so on!

+1: default settings of displacement and bump like weezer sais.

+1: front and backside mapping

keep up the amazing work!
thanks a lot.
mo
momade
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to User requests