******* Wishlist and feedback topic ********

Forums: ******* Wishlist and feedback topic ********
Sub forum for feature requests etc

Moderator: aoktar

Re: White Balance GUI

Postby aoktar » Fri May 20, 2016 12:31 pm

aoktar Fri May 20, 2016 12:31 pm
iainchudleigh wrote:Hello!
First of all I would like to say you have done an amazing job on the plugin so far, it really is great to work with.

One feature that I have noticed is missing is a White Balance picker in the GUI menu. I saw that this was in the 3D Studio Max plugin and looked incredibly useful.

3DS Max - White Balance.png

I would love this feature to be implemented into the next version as I think it would speed up workflow a lot.

Iain.

It's under camera imager.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: White Balance GUI

Postby iainchudleigh » Mon May 23, 2016 2:47 pm

iainchudleigh Mon May 23, 2016 2:47 pm
aoktar wrote:
iainchudleigh wrote:Hello!
First of all I would like to say you have done an amazing job on the plugin so far, it really is great to work with.

One feature that I have noticed is missing is a White Balance picker in the GUI menu. I saw that this was in the 3D Studio Max plugin and looked incredibly useful.

3DS Max - White Balance.png

I would love this feature to be implemented into the next version as I think it would speed up workflow a lot.

Iain.

It's under camera imager.

The color picker doesn't allow you to pick a color from the live view to use as the white balance though. It may be something I am doing wrong, but unless I then adjust the color afterwards to a more extreme value, the viewport doesn't change at all.
iainchudleigh
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: ******* Wishlist and feedback topic ********

Postby massiah81 » Mon May 23, 2016 11:25 pm

massiah81 Mon May 23, 2016 11:25 pm
Not sure if this has already been implemented to v3 for C4D. But it would be excellent to reset a default parameter by clicking on the middle mouse button. Similar to native C4D. I think this works for a few items, but not the majority unfortunately.
massiah81
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby cashley » Fri May 27, 2016 2:27 pm

cashley Fri May 27, 2016 2:27 pm
This request is made on behalf of my sore, tired hands. I think there are a few small tweaks to Octane for c4d that would mean half as many click/drags for me and my crippled hands.

--Color Swatches in the Mix Node - this is a must have. I should not have to click-drag an RGB node out every single time I need to put a few colors into a mix.

--Color Inputs for Turbulence and Noises - most of the time I'm connecting the output of a noise or turbulence into a mix node (see above). It would mean far less clicks if all of the turbulence had two color swatches or color inputs.

--Ability to show only the last material in the material editor. When I have a mix material with 6 materials downstream, this can make my material editor confusing and cluttered. Adding the "mix" title was a good start, but I really do not need to see any of the sub materials in my editor.

--Add color swatches to Dirt Map output. Just makes sense. Again, less clicks.

--A switch node of some sort that would allow the connection of the random color node to randomly apply a list of textures or colors.

3.0 is working great so far, can't wait to see what's next!

thanks,

-chad
cashley
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby momade » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:28 pm

momade Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:28 pm
Hey aoktar.

An other idea:

I love the "Lock Apect Ratio" check. Would it be possible to add a "lock relative aspect ratio"? One could check that after dialing in unequal x,y,z scale values, but one would like to scale all these values proportional after that.

I hoipe I can make myself understandable.

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (22.66 KiB) Viewed 4890 times
momade
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ratata » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:24 am

ratata Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:24 am
Hello,

Can we get an option inside Octane Renderer/Overwrite kernel Settings to force Live Viewer to use this settings instead of ones inside Octane Settings / Kernels?
A simple thick besides "Enable" would do, like "Use in LV"

This would help greatly when dealing with C4D takes, since when you set different settings for different takes, switching between takes does not reflect in Live Viewer, actually it does partially since it considers the settings under "Render Passes", so it acts kinda half way.

Thanks,

Sandi
http://www.twitter.com/sandidolsak

6850k|64gb|4 x GTX980ti
ratata
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:43 am

aoktar Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:43 am
ratata wrote:Hello,

Can we get an option inside Octane Renderer/Overwrite kernel Settings to force Live Viewer to use this settings instead of ones inside Octane Settings / Kernels?
A simple thick besides "Enable" would do, like "Use in LV"

This would help greatly when dealing with C4D takes, since when you set different settings for different takes, switching between takes does not reflect in Live Viewer, actually it does partially since it considers the settings under "Render Passes", so it acts kinda half way.

Thanks,

Sandi

No. This causes much complexity for me.

aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby FlowFireGames » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:59 pm

FlowFireGames Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:59 pm
Small request,
Can we have the same or a similar HDRI for the octane material preview as C4D uses ?
The octane material background, this checker pattern makes every material look so unnatural and fake (as a checker pattern room is never seen anywhere and unnatural) that it is very hard to imagine how a material looks under real circumstances.
Looking at the material preview icon gives a very strange sense how the material will look in the end, and all the C4D material previews help judging a lot more and look so much better than the octane ones as a cause.

In c4d, Steel looks like steel etc, for the octane materials I often need to read the material description because the icon can be so misleading towards the final result, although they look great in a final render of course as we all know.
FlowFireGames
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby DinoMuhic » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:28 pm

DinoMuhic Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:28 pm
We have a lot of trouble with Octane rendering the z-depth pass black to white (so the further something is away the whiter it gets).
Especially when there is no background octane replaces the background with BLACK although it should replace it with WHITE instead. So if you render out something with a z-depth pass you always get black-white-black which cant be used to great effect.

There should be an option to invert the z-depth calculation so the stuff that is in the foreground is WHITE and the stuff in the background is BLACK. This way, when we render something without a background, it makes more sense.

So in short: Invert z-depth calculation to front white and back black while leaving black for no background at all.
DinoMuhic
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:31 pm

aoktar Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:31 pm
DinoMuhic wrote:We have a lot of trouble with Octane rendering the z-depth pass black to white (so the further something is away the whiter it gets).
Especially when there is no background octane replaces the background with BLACK although it should replace it with WHITE instead. So if you render out something with a z-depth pass you always get black-white-black which cant be used to great effect.

There should be an option to invert the z-depth calculation so the stuff that is in the foreground is WHITE and the stuff in the background is BLACK. This way, when we render something without a background, it makes more sense.

So in short: Invert z-depth calculation to front white and back black while leaving black for no background at all.

Can you ask in standalone forum? This is not a topic of plugin. You can get a direct answer for problem.

aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

PreviousNext

Return to User requests