Live viewer divided into three parts

Forums: Live viewer divided into three parts
Sub forum for bug reports

Moderator: aoktar

Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)
H. A detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it (Include Screenshots or video capture), as well as an example scene if applicable.
I. Copies of the Octane Log window and Console window outputs (full text attached as a file to your post is recommended).

Please note that reports of issues inside existing threads will be ignored/removed, and reports may be closed if the reporter does not respond to subsequent queries in the thread.

Live viewer divided into three parts

Postby apparatieffimeri » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:20 pm

apparatieffimeri Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:20 pm
Hi
I've a problem with the 2020 version, previously i worked with the 4.02 without problems. I have now installed the 2020 together with the recommended nvidia studio drivers and I have the problem described below

A. Win 10.0.18362
B. 2 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
C. 64 GB
D. Nvidia 452.06 studio version
E. OctaneRender Standalone version 2020.1.5
F. OctaneRender plugin version 2020.1.5
G. Maxon Cinema 4D R21.207
H. I open a basic scene and the live Viewer, all ok, if i move or add everything on the scene the live viewer is divided into three parts. On top left the render works, on top right is black, on lower parts
remains locked to the first frame opened. I tryed to reload, reopen, refresh, open different scenes nothing change. No issues with the standalone

I. No log errors

Thank you for your support
Attachments
problema octane.JPG
the viewer with a very basic scene
apparatieffimeri
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Live viewer divided into three parts

Postby bepeg4d » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:26 am

bepeg4d Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:26 am
Hi,
it is a known issue of 2020.1.5, and it is affecting 4k monitor resolution.
As a workaround, please go to Windows control panel and set the Monitor scaling at 100%.

The devs have already identified the issue, and will be fixed in the next update.

ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Re: Live viewer divided into three parts

Postby apparatieffimeri » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:32 am

apparatieffimeri Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:32 am
Solved! Thank you Beppe, hope it will be fixed ASAP because it's really hard to work with windows at 100%!
apparatieffimeri
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Bug Reports