Xpresso driven Vertex Map not rendering

Forums: Xpresso driven Vertex Map not rendering
Sub forum for bug reports

Moderator: aoktar

Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)
H. A detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it (Include Screenshots or video capture), as well as an example scene if applicable.
I. Copies of the Octane Log window and Console window outputs (full text attached as a file to your post is recommended).

Please note that reports of issues inside existing threads will be ignored/removed, and reports may be closed if the reporter does not respond to subsequent queries in the thread.

Xpresso driven Vertex Map not rendering

Postby ajiblock » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:00 pm

ajiblock Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:00 pm
Hi,

I followed this tutorial to create a vertex map driven by a shader – https://vimeo.com/132829405. My shader is using a black and white vector graphic for data.

once the vertex map is created, i'm cloning into it using octane scatter. I wanted to do it this way because it allows me to also animate the vertex map itself easily through falloff/field, etc

everything works correctly in Live Viewer (Octane V40.2.1) but when I hit render, nothing I've cloned into shows up. I've tried deleting the xpresso tag so that the vertex map is no longer dynamic, and when I do that everything renders correctly. However then I lose the ability to animate the vertex map etc.

Wondering if this a known issue? It's an NDA project right now so I unfortunately can't post the scene, but could send screenshots etc..

Thanks!!
ajiblock
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Xpresso driven Vertex Map not rendering

Postby aoktar » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:16 pm

aoktar Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:16 pm
We expect a good information to be sure that we talk about a real bug. Otherwise I have to remove the topic. Could you please read above text and try to contribute with these?
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Bug Reports