Black Picture Viewer

Forums: Black Picture Viewer
Sub forum for bug reports

Moderator: aoktar

Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)
H. A detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it (Include Screenshots or video capture), as well as an example scene if applicable.
I. Copies of the Octane Log window and Console window outputs (full text attached as a file to your post is recommended).

Please note that reports of issues inside existing threads will be ignored/removed, and reports may be closed if the reporter does not respond to subsequent queries in the thread.

Black Picture Viewer

Postby noinchnoinchnoinch » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:38 pm

noinchnoinchnoinch Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:38 pm
Hi Aoktar,

Loving Octane for c4d so far :) got the full version a couple of days ago and have totally fallen in love with it.

but I have run into a weird problem when rendering my sequence to picture viewer. Rendering to live viewer works fine, but when I want to render out my frames to picture viewer or by hitting ctrl-R everything goes black. I'm rendering 400 frames 16 bit PNG with alpha (environment disabled) and a post-pass and z depth in Direct Lighting mode.
When I open my previous project everything renders just fine and the settings appear to be identical. I have tried copy/pasting all of my objects into a new project, switching between 8 bit/tonemapped/float buffer and changing my render paths and reapplying all my textures. still everything renders black when I render to picture viewer or ctrl-R.
I've seen a couple of people on this forum run into a similar problem. any ideas?

cheers
noinchnoinchnoinch
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Black Picture Viewer

Postby aoktar » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:54 pm

aoktar Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:54 pm
hi nice to hear you loved that.
Can you give me more info about scene? Only limitation is that spheres with "render perfect" option. May it be? Or don't know without seeing somethings.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby noinchnoinchnoinch » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:23 pm

noinchnoinchnoinch Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:23 pm
that did the trick! I wasn't aware of the render perfect limitation. thanks alot :)
noinchnoinchnoinch
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:34 pm

aoktar Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:34 pm
noinchnoinchnoinch wrote:that did the trick! I wasn't aware of the render perfect limitation. thanks alot :)

yes, we don't have solid geometry and c4d does not generates triangles with this parameter. Especially i don't check/convert that to a polygonal sphere. Because people can think it converts badly.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Bug Reports