Crashing Non-Octane scenes

Forums: Crashing Non-Octane scenes
Sub forum for bug reports

Moderator: aoktar

Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)
H. A detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it (Include Screenshots or video capture), as well as an example scene if applicable.
I. Copies of the Octane Log window and Console window outputs (full text attached as a file to your post is recommended).

Please note that reports of issues inside existing threads will be ignored/removed, and reports may be closed if the reporter does not respond to subsequent queries in the thread.

Re: Crashing Non-Octane scenes

Postby shawnfrueh » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:36 pm

shawnfrueh Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:36 pm
The Problem/Crash happens when you select 'no' when the popup shows then go to a new/other scene and from there go back to the original scene and the popup happens again. Selecting no causes a crash.

If you cant recreate this problem I will try to get a video this weekend.

Edit: The null you put in the scene keeps getting put in the scene. If I delete it, save it and then reopen, that null is back. Even though I have no octane materials in my scene no tags and the live viewer has never been opened and not even any render settings (manually deleted the left behind data) This null and the vp are whats causing all these problems.
shawnfrueh
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:56 pm

aoktar Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:56 pm
I did some changes today. Null will not be used anymore, also it will make the version convertion without any displayed window. I hope that can helps.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby shawnfrueh » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:46 am

shawnfrueh Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:46 am
aoktar wrote:I did some changes today. Null will not be used anymore, also it will make the version conversion without any displayed window. I hope that can helps.

That should help a lot. I really appreciate the amount of work you put into this plugin.
shawnfrueh
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Bug Reports