Realflow Mesh Importer Picture Viewer Render

Forums: Realflow Mesh Importer Picture Viewer Render
Sub forum for bug reports

Moderator: aoktar

Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)
H. A detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it (Include Screenshots or video capture), as well as an example scene if applicable.
I. Copies of the Octane Log window and Console window outputs (full text attached as a file to your post is recommended).

Please note that reports of issues inside existing threads will be ignored/removed, and reports may be closed if the reporter does not respond to subsequent queries in the thread.

Realflow Mesh Importer Picture Viewer Render

Postby tmcalvin » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:37 pm

tmcalvin Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:37 pm
Hi,
I was wondering if someone could help me out. I am trying to render a scene using the realflow mesh importer and it seems to work fine in the live viewer but when I queue up an animation, or still for that matter in the picture viewer it renders everything but the realflow mesh. I don't get it since it shows up fine in the live viewer. I tried exporting the scene to view in the standalone and it works there too. I was originally using plugin version 2.21.1 then downgraded to 2.16.2 stable to see if that would make a difference.
Any ideas would be helpful
Thanks
Attachments
Screen Sharing Picture February 25, 2015 at 3.12.06 PM CST.png
tmcalvin
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Realflow Mesh Importer Picture Viewer Render

Postby aoktar » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:05 pm

aoktar Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:05 pm
Can you check it with default renderer? Mesh will be visible? i just will suspect from path, suddenly remembered that can render any geometry if c4d can produce. Ok let me know what happens with default.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby tmcalvin » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:17 am

tmcalvin Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:17 am
aoktar wrote:Can you check it with default renderer? Mesh will be visible? i just will suspect from path, suddenly remembered that can render any geometry if c4d can produce. Ok let me know what happens with default.

checked it in the standard render and it doesn't render the mesh either. I guess what's confusing me is how it works ok in the octane live viewer and the octane standalone. is there a setting I'm missing?

is there a recommended way to get realflow scenes into c4d to play nice with octane?

Thanks
Attachments
Screen Sharing Picture February 25, 2015 at 5.48.09 PM CST.png
Screen Sharing Picture February 25, 2015 at 5.51.44 PM CST.png
tmcalvin
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby tmcalvin » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:12 am

tmcalvin Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:12 am
i've been playing around trying to get a usable workflow. I did find something interesting. when I use the mesh loader octane will render in the live viewer as I would like but not in the picture viewer. when I load up a particle sequence in renderkit it won't render in the live viewer but will in the picture viewer.

ideally I would like to use the mesh loader so I can tweak my meshes in rf then just load them up ready to go. renderkit creates the mesh at render time so it takes longer to render and makes it harder for me to see my tweaks.
I thought about trying to have both in the scene, mesh loader to get everything how I want it then the renderkit so it will actually render. the problem there is that the on the fly mesh doesn't match the pre created mesh so it's not really helpful.

i would love to hear if someone else could share their workflow, preferably with the mesh loader.

thanks
tmcalvin
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:49 pm

aoktar Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:49 pm
i don't have realflow, but i can describe the differences of Live Viewer. It works with viewport opengl data. That's reason why you see mesh in viewport and LV. But don't know why it's not seeing in picture viewer. If you can have succes with default render, also Octane does.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Bug Reports