Octane freezes when opening Node Editor

Forums: Octane freezes when opening Node Editor
Sub forum for bug reports

Moderator: aoktar

Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)
H. A detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it (Include Screenshots or video capture), as well as an example scene if applicable.
I. Copies of the Octane Log window and Console window outputs (full text attached as a file to your post is recommended).

Please note that reports of issues inside existing threads will be ignored/removed, and reports may be closed if the reporter does not respond to subsequent queries in the thread.

Octane freezes when opening Node Editor

Postby m_ph__ » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:37 pm

m_ph__ Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:37 pm
A: Windows 10
B: GTX 1080ti
C: 32GB
D: 466.11
E: 2020.2.3
F: 2020.2.3
G: Cinema 4D R23.110

Hi,
Whenever I open the Material Node Editor from the Material Editor, Octane and Cinema 4D freezes and I need to restart the software. It isn't scene specific as it happens even with new empty scenes. The only way to open the Node Editor without experiencing issues is through the Materials Menu of the Live Viewer, but only if the Material Editor window is not open. Furthermore Octane freezes also if within the Node Editor I open the knots of Octane Gradients to edit colors. Is there anything I could do to solve this issue?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Attachments
c4doctanelog.txt
(2.92 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
m_ph__
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane freezes when opening Node Editor

Postby aoktar » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:17 pm

aoktar Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:17 pm
We cannot recommend any solution, because it's not a known issue.
Please record a fullscreen video capture. And post the video and also octanelog_report.zip with the instructions from the picture.
Attachments
crash_report.jpg
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Bug Reports