Cinema4D version 2020.2-R3 (Obsolete stable) 19.02.2021

Forums: Cinema4D version 2020.2-R3 (Obsolete stable) 19.02.2021
Sub forum for plugin releases

Moderator: aoktar

Re: Cinema4D version 2020.2-R3 (Stable release) 19.02.2021

Postby aoktar » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:27 pm

aoktar Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:27 pm
thanulee wrote:Hi I get a crash when I "render to PV"
I think its the tokens (using CV tokens also) path that doesnt find the appropriate folders? Didnt have issues with other versions it just created folders in wrong places that was it.

Take a look please: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yanjrdgzx1wpm ... h.c4d?dl=0

Thanks

Yes it's a crash on a function to resolve the path names. It's probably about relative path counts, thanks for reporting that
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby twik25 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:01 pm

twik25 Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:01 pm
newartstudios wrote:I can make the same scene in real life with real objects with my camera. The distance between objects is like half meter. In real life - those objects will be totally blurred out with Sigma Art 1.8. with 0.5 meter distance from each other. So imagine how it should be with 0.5, but there is no glass in real life to compare. Also I used sensor size and focal length 36mm for octane camera, my camera have super 16 mm with focal length 18mm, with will make no big difference in any case. And ether way if I adjust Octane camera to my cam settings - will not match.

Unless I am misunderstanding your setup, I don't seem to have issues with dof... Do these look accurate to you? In this example, the White, Gray, and Black Spheres (1.5in Diameter) are each 10in apart.

Cinema_4D_lKmalLODek.jpg
Cinema_4D_422yTDPWt2.jpg

If this looks correct to you - Here is a sample scene with a bunch of spheres.
Cinema_4D_irwufvotQb.jpg

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PZq4FY7C2KXmRhNtyhj_EyuX_M0ZZzW_/view?usp=sharing
twik25
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby divasoft » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:30 am

divasoft Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:30 am
twik25 wrote:
newartstudios wrote:I can make the same scene in real life with real objects with my camera. The distance between objects is like half meter. In real life - those objects will be totally blurred out with Sigma Art 1.8. with 0.5 meter distance from each other. So imagine how it should be with 0.5, but there is no glass in real life to compare. Also I used sensor size and focal length 36mm for octane camera, my camera have super 16 mm with focal length 18mm, with will make no big difference in any case. And ether way if I adjust Octane camera to my cam settings - will not match.

Unless I am misunderstanding your setup, I don't seem to have issues with dof... Do these look accurate to you? In this example, the White, Gray, and Black Spheres (1.5in Diameter) are each 10in apart.

The attachment Cinema_4D_lKmalLODek.jpg is no longer available
The attachment Cinema_4D_422yTDPWt2.jpg is no longer available

The attachment Cinema_4D_irwufvotQb.jpg is no longer available

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PZq4FY7C2KXmRhNtyhj_EyuX_M0ZZzW_/view?usp=sharing

Your setup is ok, but we are talking about something else.
What the image will look like in real life when the aperture is 0.5.
With 0.95 aperture objects already totally blurred like this. And if you set you camera to 0,5 f-stop you get super blurred image with one or two petal of flower in focus.
Therefore, what is designated in octane as an а-stop 0.5 is not correct and has nothing to do with real optics.
Attachments
3395854_l.jpg
divasoft
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby newartstudios » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:56 am

newartstudios Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:56 am
divasoft wrote:
twik25 wrote:

Cinema_4D_lKmalLODek.jpg
Cinema_4D_422yTDPWt2.jpg

Cinema_4D_irwufvotQb.jpg

Your setup is ok, but we are talking about something else.
What the image will look like in real life when the aperture is 0.5.
With 0.95 aperture objects already totally blurred like this. And if you set you camera to 0,5 f-stop you get super blurred image with one or two petal of flower in focus.
Therefore, what is designated in octane as an а-stop 0.5 is not correct and has nothing to do with real optics.

Actually You guys are right, I tested different way now, changing scene size. It actually works how it should. Also I updated to R23 and Octane is working way smoother on R23 than R20.
newartstudios
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Cinema4D version 2020.2-R3 (Obsolete stable) 19.02.2021

Postby Delizade » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:16 pm

Delizade Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:16 pm
Thank you for all your efforts.

I wanted to write down:
1) please let us see Octane plugin current version in the Octane settings window
2) please let us informed about plugin version updates by a notification on the version info area.
3) and please give us a just a button to download the latest version of the plugin.

most of the time in a busy rush we can't catch latest updates about Octane. I have to enter twitter or forum and have to search about news. then go to download section and after a couple steps download and install the plugin.

I know this may be deserve "you are just a lazy guy" reaction but personally I really tired of chasing tons of tools' status in my workflow as many of you already experience this...

healthy days...
Windows 10 (3090Ti) | MacBook Pro (M3 Max)
Delizade
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Releases