Cinema4D version 2020.1-RC1[R2] (ReleaseCandidate)29.02.2020

Forums: Cinema4D version 2020.1-RC1[R2] (ReleaseCandidate)29.02.2020
Sub forum for plugin releases

Moderator: aoktar

Cinema4D version 2020.1-RC1[R2] (ReleaseCandidate)29.02.2020

Postby aoktar » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:46 pm

aoktar Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:46 pm
Hi all,
This is the build of the plugin with first release candidate of 2020.1-RC1 SDK. This means that this release contains all features planned for the stable build once it is released but we may still go through more iterations to solve any issues as required. Please be aware this is still not a stable release so [i]please do not use this for production purposes Any feedbacks are welcome for development and fixing the issues. Enjoy it!

This is the matching Standalone: OctaneRender™ 2020.1-RC1.

To use this version, you need a GPU of compute model 3.0 or higher. Support for Fermi GPUs (like GTX 4xx and 5xx) has been dropped. Also, make sure you use a driver of version 419.xx or higher and if you are working on Mac OS that has a CUDA driver installed that supports at least CUDA 9.1.

IN ANY CRASH CASE PLEASE DO THESE!!!
If you see CUDA errors follow 1,2,3,4.
1- Use NVIDIA STUDIO drivers, not Game Ready versions. If you have stability issues try different drivers, some of them could cause instability issues. Do a clean install while doing this to be sure previous files completely removed.
2- Check GPU frequency. Overclocking would cause instability issues
3- Check PSU. Insufficient power output would cause instability issues
4- Check the free amount of GPU's VRAM and system's RAM while working. Low VRAM will/may cause CUDA errors. Be aware of some generator objects will have different triangle count in Picture Viewer than Live Viewer. It’s like “editor/render” parameter. Just try to use the same value. Also try to optimize your scene for polygon count, even use smaller images. Try to use Octane texture nodes rather than using C4D texture/shaders.
Alternatively, use V4 and Out-of-core(OOC) function. Increase RAM for OOC and It should not exceed physical RAM amount. Check TDR value and increase if it's necessary.
5- If you see C4D crashes without CUDA errors, then send us bugreport.zip, screen-shots and video capture to show process and crash moment. Also please send us a sample scene in a format of C4D or ORBX to let us investigate and test it. Alternatively, try to delete/hide some objects/materials until crash gone away. If you find what's causing crashes, send us a sample scene to let us for investigating and bring a fix or solution.
Thanks for helping the development by your feedbacks! It’s impossible to quickly catch every case without user feedbacks! It’s the same procedure as other companies do like Maxon/etc...

Changes of 2020.1-RC1-[R2] plugin
- Fix for wrong connections with nodes on the previous build(2020.1-RC1).
- WIP addon for grouping feature for Octane nodes. It's still in development and do not trust it for commercial projects.

Changes of 2020.1-RC1 plugin
- Added new "Generate log report" button under Settings/Other/Log section. Use it when you'll make bugreports. Also, be sure the required log options are checked for the scene before that.
- Minor fixes

Changes of 2020.1-RC1
  • Improved out-of-core and peer-to-peer (NVlink) so data that would always need to be on VRAM before can now be evicted. This means that some scenes that would run out of VRAM may work now.
  • Improved importing vertex attributes from Alembic data enforcing some restraints that avoid loading corrupt data.

Bugfixes:

• Fixed dirt texture does rendering black with RTX geometry.
  • Fixed accurate rounded edges mode not being applied on RTX geometry.
  • Fixed GPU illegal memory access when using emission and RTX with animated instances.
  • Fixed a device error happening sometimes when using more than one RTX meshes.
  • Fixed some cases causing the render to hang without producing any output.
  • Fixed wrong license expiry time being displayed when activating subscription builds using a perpetual license.
  • Fixed issue with auto bump map calculation causing the output to be black in some scenarios.
  • Fixed issue with auto bump was not working as intended when the object was scaled or rotated.
  • Fixed issue with camera focus picker which did not work when using a universal camera in thin lens mode with astigmatism not set to zero.
  • Fixed issue reloading OCS files which would contain dynamic pins which names would not show up.
  • Fixed crash when switching denoiser on/off and device peering was enabled.

WINDOWS ENTERPRISE BUILD (R15-R21)
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... R2_win.rar

WINDOWS SUBSCRIPTION(Studio) BUILD (R15-R21)
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... R2_win.rar

OSX ENTERPRISE BUILD (R15-R21)
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... Macosx.zip

OSX SUBSCRIPTION(Studio) BUILD (R15-R21)
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... Macosx.zip

Requirements:
-You'll need to update your Cinema 4D to latest versions(R16.050, R17.053, R18.057, R19.053, R20.057, R21.115). Otherwise, the plugin will not work and not appear in menus.
-Internet connection for activation, be sure that C4D and Octane will not be blocked by the firewall and any antivirus software.
-Nvidia drivers at least Nvidia Studio Drivers(minimum 435.80) and be careful with latest Game Ready drivers which can cause cuda errors. Stay with stable one for you.
-Cuda 9.1 driver for OSX.

ONLINE HELP MANUAL
Use embedded help buttons from Octane nodes and windows

To use OFFLINE version of manual from plugin
Download following package and extract to Cinema4D/plugins/c4doctane/manual
https://render.otoy.com/plugindownloads ... p-html.zip

V3 SAMPLE SCENES SET(make a request if you need any specific sample)
https://render.otoy.com/plugindownloads ... scenes.rar

See this topic for some partial samples: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=53989

CINEMA 4D TUTORIALS SECTION: viewforum.php?f=87

CHANGE LOG: https://docs.otoy.com/#60Change%20log

Installation
First, remove all octane related stuff from plugins and the main folder of Cinema4D.

Extract all files to Cinema4D\plugins\c4dOctane directory.
Also, download manual.zip and extract to c4dOctane directory if it's not available in place.

There are a few files for each one is for different Cinema4D version. Remove all except the file is for your version.
Ex. if you have Cinema4D R18.0, keep only "c4dOctane-r18.cdl64" and delete c4dOctane-r17.cdl64, c4dOctane-r16.cdl64, c4dOctane-r15.cdl64, etc..

Cinema 4D Release 15: c4dOctane-r15.cdl64 or c4doctane_R15_demo.dylib
Cinema 4D Release 16: c4dOctane-r16.cdl64 or c4doctane_R16_demo.dylib
Cinema 4D Release 17: c4dOctane-r17.cdl64 or c4doctane_R17_demo.dylib
Cinema 4D Release 18: c4dOctane-r18.cdl64 or c4doctane_R18_demo.dylib
Cinema 4D Release 19: c4dOctane-r19.cdl64 or c4doctane_R19_demo.dylib
Cinema 4D Release 20: c4dOctane-r20.xdl64 or c4doctane_R20_demo.xlib
Cinema 4D Release 21: c4dOctane-r21.xdl64 or c4doctane_R21_demo.xlib
Last edited by aoktar on Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: Cinema 4D version 2020.1-RC1 (Release candidate) 29.02.2020

Postby divasoft » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:41 am

divasoft Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:41 am
Hi. I just want to remind about particles motion blur problem which persist for many years.
If scene consist a huge amount of particles with enabled motion blure, MB calculation time increasing frame by frame even if amount of particles is constant.
And if restart render MB calculation time significantly reduced FOR SAME FRAME and start to increase again.
This problem makes it impossible to render a huge number of particles.
I write about this problem 6 times - no reaction. The problem is in any scene with a huge number of particles of about 1,000,000.
Attachments
Снимок.PNG
divasoft
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:43 am

bepeg4d Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:43 am
Hi divasoft,
have you tried this solution?
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=63829&start=10#p371203

ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby aoktar » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:42 am

aoktar Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:42 am
divasoft wrote:Hi. I just want to remind about particles motion blur problem which persist for many years.
If scene consist a huge amount of particles with enabled motion blure, MB calculation time increasing frame by frame even if amount of particles is constant.
And if restart render MB calculation time significantly reduced FOR SAME FRAME and start to increase again.
I write about this problem 6 times - no reaction. The problem is in any scene with a huge number of particles of about 1,000,000.

I know the topic and pretty sure this is answered to somebody else in the past several times. Btw there's no magical solution to apply. The case is about having rapidly increased numbers of data underhood and requirement of more calculation after some frames. Restarting the frames that clear the data but this cannot be applied by plugin because it cannot be sure it's safely appliable for every case. But you can try to use less cached frames for motionblur from object tag.

aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby divasoft » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:49 pm

divasoft Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:49 pm
bepeg4d wrote:Hi divasoft,
have you tried this solution?
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=63829&start=10#p371203

ciao Beppe

sorry, was not helpful.
Attachments
Снимок.PNG
divasoft
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Kalua » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:51 pm

Kalua Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:51 pm
Thank you, Aoktar!
So far is really nice!
One question: how do you access the Spectron area/sphere primitives featured in 2020.1?

PS1: small bug I just found: It seems your node display filter in the node editor is not working 100% (see picture)

PS2: I think I found the primitive feature.
Attachments
1323.jpg
PS2: Does this correspond to the Spectron primitives? Will only work with square and sphere shapes for now right?
1323.jpg (48.71 KiB) Viewed 11114 times
13.jpg
PS: small bug I just found: It seems your node display filter in the node editor is not working 100%
Last edited by Kalua on Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
C4D 25.117 Octane 2022.1.2 R4, <<2 X 3090 + NVlink>>, Windows 10, X399, AMD TR 1950X, 128 GB RAM, NVIDIA SD 536.67
https://www.behance.net/PaperArchitect
Kalua
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby divasoft » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:57 pm

divasoft Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:57 pm
aoktar wrote:
divasoft wrote:Hi. I just want to remind about particles motion blur problem which persist for many years.

I know the topic and pretty sure this is answered to somebody else in the past several times. Btw there's no magical solution to apply. The case is about having rapidly increased numbers of data underhood and requirement of more calculation after some frames. Restarting the frames that clear the data but this cannot be applied by plugin because it cannot be sure it's safely appliable for every case. But you can try to use less cached frames for motionblur from object tag.

I trust you, but you speak about it as phisical limitation like gravity whose imposible to eliminate, but it just an algorithm. In RS it works nice and i have heard in octane for houdini it works perfect too.
Anyway, RS developers have solved this problem. So it’s possible to do it. I believe that you have enough experience to do this.
divasoft
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:11 pm

aoktar Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:11 pm
divasoft wrote:
aoktar wrote:

I trust you, but you speak about it as phisical limitation like gravity whose imposible to eliminate, but it just an algorithm. In RS it works nice and i have heard in octane for houdini it works perfect too.
Anyway, RS developers have solved this problem. So it’s possible to do it. I believe that you have enough experience to do this.

Every software has different possibilities, somethings are easier or harder to obtain. It's a design matter. This is not on a priority on my list, having different things before that. Motion processor is compicated part and xparticles is a pain to integrate.

aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby handsomeninja » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:55 pm

handsomeninja Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:55 pm
divasoft wrote:
aoktar wrote:

Material previews don't work in Redshift when you're running ipr. Each team has its priorities.
handsomeninja
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby AaronWestwood » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:31 pm

AaronWestwood Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:31 pm
Is there any rough time estimate when we could expect a stable release? (no rush, just wondered)

So excited to get this running in the workflow :)
3D Environment Artist
http://www.artstation.com/aaronwestwood
2 x 4090 // 13900KS // 96GB 5600mHz DDR5 // Windows 11
AaronWestwood
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Next

Return to Releases