Cinema 4D version 2019.1.5-R3 (Obsolete stable) 12.02.2020

Forums: Cinema 4D version 2019.1.5-R3 (Obsolete stable) 12.02.2020
Sub forum for plugin releases

Moderator: aoktar

Re: Cinema 4D version 2019.1.5-R3 (Latest stable) 12.02.2020

Postby joacwast » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:26 am

joacwast Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:26 am
I have had serious issues with larges scenes lately, so I tried the above solution of updating to game ready drivers.
Unfortunately, this results in a missing octane plugin...
Weren't we supposed to only use Studio drivers anyway?

Also rendered an EXR(octane) sequence overnight, imported it into after effects > extractor > selected beauty pass.
All seems fine, untill halfway through the animation when it suddenly jumps to a different pass even though beauty is still selected.
This could be also be an AE problem unless octane is messing up the multi passes..
joacwast
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rclassenphoto » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:40 pm

rclassenphoto Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:40 pm
bepeg4d wrote:Hi all,
if you are having issues with big scenes, that are giving CUDA errors, and unexpected closing, please try to perform a clean installation of Game Ready 442.50 driver:
https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverR ... 7537/en-us

To perform a clean installation, please follow these steps:

ciao Beppe

Unfortunately, this didn't work. I installed the driver without success. Cinema 4D hangs with Octane plugin as soon as I start octane render. There is no feedback or error code.

This is very bad. I can not work on my commercial Project with this problem.
rclassenphoto
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:08 am

bepeg4d Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:08 am
Hi rclassenphoto,
probably something different, since the Nvidia driver cannot cause this.
Please, write to [email protected] asking for me, thanks.

ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby augdalmo » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:14 pm

augdalmo Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:14 pm
Hello Aoktar

like other users I have the problem of numerous crashes on previous scenes created with versions previous to R21 and with plugins 4.05 or earlier. Now I have to shoot some old scenes from 6-12-24 months ago and render them now with some changes. I had recently reported problems with some large textures, however in the past I have used even larger ones without problems with older versions of the plugin.

A few hours ago I reopened a scene created in 2018 and I started having several crash problems as I was working on materials.
I opened each material with the Node editor and discovered that for some materials there were nodes multiplied one above the other, only by moving them aside I realized that they were many if not infinite. Whenever I attempted to start Octane Live viewer C4D R21 it froze making it necessary to resort to CTRL ALT Canc.

I found that the second string line (top right) of the material export did not appear in the LV and not even in the lower right in the C4D main window where the descriptions of the commands or the render appear (usually the materials generated were seen in sequence ).
Are the strings that appear at the bottom of the node editor, when selecting a node, necessary?

I have deleted all problematic materials from the materials manager. Now everything seems to be working. Everything has now become much smoother and super faster.

I am convinced that the crash problems are due to the materials and the nodal system, I observed that for Octane materials created with version 4.05 with the C4D shaders create problems, this aspect should be investigated better in 2019.1.5 in the past this problem has not been it is never presented with 4.05.
one of the attached screenshots contained a material with n textures displacement! apparently one but holding the knot underneath that there were at least a dozen plus many tens empty node.

I thank you in advance for the attention you will pay.

augdalmo
Attachments
node editor.zip
some screenshot of problems on node editor
(4.12 MiB) Downloaded 223 times
augdalmo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:33 pm

aoktar Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:33 pm
augdalmo wrote:Hello Aoktar

like other users I have the problem of numerous crashes on previous scenes created with versions previous to R21 and with plugins 4.05 or earlier. Now I have to shoot some old scenes from 6-12-24 months ago and render them now with some changes. I had recently reported problems with some large textures, however in the past I have used even larger ones without problems with older versions of the plugin.

A few hours ago I reopened a scene created in 2018 and I started having several crash problems as I was working on materials.
I opened each material with the Node editor and discovered that for some materials there were nodes multiplied one above the other, only by moving them aside I realized that they were many if not infinite. Whenever I attempted to start Octane Live viewer C4D R21 it froze making it necessary to resort to CTRL ALT Canc.

I found that the second string line (top right) of the material export did not appear in the LV and not even in the lower right in the C4D main window where the descriptions of the commands or the render appear (usually the materials generated were seen in sequence ).
Are the strings that appear at the bottom of the node editor, when selecting a node, necessary?

I have deleted all problematic materials from the materials manager. Now everything seems to be working. Everything has now become much smoother and super faster.

I am convinced that the crash problems are due to the materials and the nodal system, I observed that for Octane materials created with version 4.05 with the C4D shaders create problems, this aspect should be investigated better in 2019.1.5 in the past this problem has not been it is never presented with 4.05.
one of the attached screenshots contained a material with n textures displacement! apparently one but holding the knot underneath that there were at least a dozen plus many tens empty node.

augdalmo

They look like idle nodes. But how did you created these? And which version used for original scenes? Please send me a few example scenes.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby augdalmo » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:50 am

augdalmo Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:50 am
aoktar wrote:

augdalmo

They look like idle nodes. But how did you created these? And which version used for original scenes? Please send me a few example scenes.

Hello Aoktar
when the materials were created I don't think the nodal system existed. The scene that contained those materials was created initially in 2017 and then resumed later for modifications I believe with C4D R19 because the date of the last access to this file is 2018, so I think it could be Octane 3.08.
I can't send you the scene because it contains production drawings and has now been modified to deliver the work to the client. As I wrote, I eliminated all the C4D shaders in the materials from the scene and corrected those that had innumerable overlapping nodes that were not visible except by moving them.
As soon as I have some time I try to see if I have some old backup file that contains materials with the described problem to send to you.
Thanks for your attention.
Augdalmo
augdalmo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:56 am

aoktar Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:56 am
when the materials were created I don't think the nodal system existed. The scene that contained those materials was created initially in 2017 and then resumed later for modifications I believe with C4D R19 because the date of the last access to this file is 2018, so I think it could be Octane 3.08.
I can't send you the scene because it contains production drawings and has now been modified to deliver the work to the client. As I wrote, I eliminated all the C4D shaders in the materials from the scene and corrected those that had innumerable overlapping nodes that were not visible except by moving them.
As soon as I have some time I try to see if I have some old backup file that contains materials with the described problem to send to you.
Thanks for your attention.
Augdalmo

So nothing to do, just delete idle nodes. It will not happen again with latest plugins.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby thanulee » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:22 pm

thanulee Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:22 pm
Hi,

I m trying to find out whats causing my picture viewer to freeze (not crash). And it comes down to 2 things:
Vertex displacement in combination with network rendering.

So if i turn network off its fine, or if i turn displacement off is fine. I will provide scene.

It only happens as i animate the visibility from 0-100 in my object that has vertex displacement on it. In other frames all is good with both network+displ enabled.
thanulee
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rclassenphoto » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:31 pm

rclassenphoto Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:31 pm
so people, the problem is found. Octane cannot process the normal noise and then gets stuck! Please solve the problem.
Attachments
noise_material.jpg
rclassenphoto
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby thanulee » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:39 pm

thanulee Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:39 pm
rclassenphoto wrote:so people, the problem is found. Octane cannot process the normal noise and then gets stuck! Please solve the problem.

Ur issue might be related with mine. PV freezes when animating visibility off/on at an object with octane noise (not c4d) in displacement.
Problem might be vertex displacement? I ve sent scene to Ahmet to investigate.
thanulee
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Releases